cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to a different JDI Installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a JDI installed and configured and in NWDS window preferences, JDI was pointing to SLD of that installation and DTR..

Now we have a different JDI installation and different SLD. Now I changed the JDI URL and DTR URL in the window preferences of NWDS. but unfortunately it is again pointing to the old one. I tried to close and open NWDS several times, but no luck..

any help would be really appreciated.

Have one more question is that, is it possible to connect to JDI and DTR which are installed in a different domain in which the NWDS is installed.

should i set some proxy settings here or not necessary?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

When installing NWDS you will find that a folder called .dtr is created by the installation program. This folder is usually created in the user's home directory i.e. somewhere in C:\Document and Settings.... I am sorry i dont know the complete path. You will have to search for this folder on your system.

In this folder you will find that there are two xml files called clients.xml and server.xml. Also you will find that there is file called lastused.client.

I suggest you rename this file. Create the new DTR client in the NWDS (i hope you are using Scenario 1).

But before doing this all this also please make sure that you have selected the correct client during the login process.

In the DTR perspective there is a button called DTR Client Configuration. Against that button there will be a dropdown listing all the clients. Just select the new client and then try to login. i have made this mistake many times.

Hope some of this is helpful to you.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

clients.xml and server.xml. you will find in

C:\Documents and Settings\userID for workstation\.dtr,

As sidhart mentioned check the client in DTR prespective

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth && RK,

THank you for the information. I followed the following approach.

1. removed all the development configurations form the development configurations perspective.

2.and also i removed all the dtr clients from dtr perspective (I mean the clients that I created for scenario1 before actually implementing scenario2+)

3. Now there are no traces of the prev JDI server, so I just closed and opened NWDS back

4. just went to development configuration and logged in to the second JDI server.

5. worked fine..

Thank you

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope everthing fine with your settings except,have you changed the server where your new JDI is installed

you can do that windows->Preferences->J2EE engine

here set the server host and port where your new JDI and SLD are congfigured.

this time it will point to new JDI.

Hope this helped you

Regards,

RK