cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 backup not working in MSCS

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an SAP ECC6 system installed in a Microsoft cluster environment with oracle as DB...Now my online backup works perfectly by using brtolos from OS level...but the same backup when i am trying from DB13 i am getting error as follows

BR0252E Function OpenService() failed for 'OracleServiceBHP' at location BrOraSrvControl-2

BR0253E errno 5: Access is denied.

I think this is a cluster specific Issue as i have other system installed at same time as standalone instances and for those system DB13 backup works fine

one more Problem :

how offline backup can be achived in Cluster environment i saw the note Note 378648 - Offline backup support with Oracle Fail Safe but dont understand where to put the parameters

To activate the functions, set the following variables in the BRBACKUP

environment:

BR_OFS=1

BR_OFS_RESOURCE=<database_resource_name>

BR_OFS_CLUSTER=<cluster_name>

BR_OFS_USER=<user_name>

BR_OFS_DOMAIN=<domain>

BR_OFS_PWD=<password>

any help will be appreciated..

Thanks

pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem, how did you get you online backup to work while the BR_OFS variables are still set. Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it related to backup, I suppose you can set it in init<SID>.sap

Cheers

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if service user sapservice<SID> is part of the Oracle DBA local group.

Nahum

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi BASIS!

When you run SAP in a Windows server, SAP processes run under SAPSERVICE<SID> user. please check if SAPSERVICE<SID> user has the right permissions to do it. You can also try to logon with SAPSERVICE<SID> user to check it.

The major points you must check are:

1. filesystems permissions

2. groups assingment (check installation guide windows/ORACLE)

Bear in mind that <sid>adm user is within administrators group and sapservice<sid> not. and you shouldn't assign sapservice<sid> to administrators for security reasons.

I suggest you to assign "full control" to SAP and ORACLE directories to SAP_Localadmin group.

Cheers,

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the permissions of Brtools as per the note 113747.

then try the backup again.

regards

Sudha