Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo & Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Guru's

I have a tricky scenario here.

I have created a sales order from say 01.02.08 to 30.04.2008 for material A and raised the invoice in advance (say charged the client for entire period on 01.02.08).

Now on 31.03.08 the client says he doesnt want to place the order for the site and would like a refund for the period 01.04.08 to 30.04.08.

Now i can raise a credit memo request in reference to my sales invoice and create a credit memo for period 01.04.08 to 30.04.08. (Should i allow contract data allowed in VOV8 for my credit memo request? ) to know for which period i have given credit memo (in this case 01.04.08 to 30.04.08)

Now when i do this, i want material A to be shown as available again from 01.04.08 to 30.04.08.

How can i achieve this?

Points will be suitably rewarded.

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS IT is RETAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i wish to understand your scenario a little more. when you say 'site', are you dealing in real estate rental? or are you selling physical goods?

if physical goods, there should be no problem as your initial transaction will reduce availability of stocks. processing returns will increase your stocks (although initially in returns stocks).

if real estate-related, do you treat rental units as materials relevant for inventory?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you raise orders for future periods , then invoices are created against them?

Its not clear.. i mean how do create future period invoices?

Pl explain in detail..

Reg

shan1242

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It a normal physical saleable material.

But i have not allowed "Contract Data Allowed" in my credit memo request document (ZOCR) in VOV8, so now when i create this document ZOCR in reference to my original sales invoice, i dont get the period for which i want to raise my credit memo for.

Do you think this would be the problem?

I have allowed billing at end of month in my sales order document (ZOOH)

So i have 3 rows in my billing plan

01.02.08 - 29.02.08 Bill status = C

01.03.08 - 31.03.08 Bill status = C

01.04.08 - 30.04.08 Bill status = C

Now if i allow contract data type allowed for ZOCR, and create a credit memo request and a credit memo, does this impact ZOOH and make billing plan status

for 01.04.08 - 30.04.08 Bill status = A or Not Relevant.

Now once this happens can i go and edit my order date from 01.02.08 - 31.03.08, so that now i can see the material available from 01.04.08 - 30.04.08

Let me know, if some1 can assist me with this tricky scenario.

Regards

Ravi