cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can settlement rule be made mandatory in project definition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have two doubts -

1) Is it posible that we can make the profit center come automatically inside settlement rule in line with the profit center defined in the project profile ?

2)Is it possible that the profit center can come automatically in wbs element depending upon the plant selected ?

Kindly guide for the above issues

Nisarg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisarg,

As regards to point no. 2, Create a Substitution rule for WBS with a condition that If plant is XYZ then Profit center is ABC.

Assign this Substitution to your Project Profile and select "Automatic".

With this setting, when you create and save the Project, automatically the profit center is defaulted in the WBS elements based on your substitution rule.

Point no. 1 is not really very clear to me, Hence unable to reply on that.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Thanks for the giving soln for issue no 2 .

Explanation of point no 1 -

In our scenario we are using settlement rule for transferring costs from p & l (type G/l) to balance sheet type g/l. But if the user does not give the profit center in the settlement rule then the costs are transferred to default profit center (in our case a dummy profit center). So the costs will not get transferred to relevant PC as a result of which the FI reports will give incorrect picture.

So we require that the PC in the settlement rule gets picked from the PC given in project profile.

Nisarg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ther are several methods what you will be able to do. Create Settlement rule with G/L account and double click and enter the profit center what it was supposed to go. And we can create substituion to do this with user exit or Create a custom program when we want to default the parameters in the settlement rule based on the WBS element. this what we have done.

thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pal,

Can you let me know the user exit required to do the customisation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A profit center can not be used as a receiver in a settlement rule for WBS. So you can't have it there.

You can maintain profit center and plant combination in the project profile with which you are creating the project. So you don't have to fill both of them. As to determination of PC from plant in project defintion through some derivation rules as in sales order etc, i am not sure about it.

Thanks,

Sourabh