cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Landscape for ECC,EP,BW,XI, DMS and TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in the role of SAP Basis Consultant for an IT organisation. One of their client require to install SAP ECC ( FI-CO,MM,PS,HR,REM,PM), EP, BW, XI, DMS and TREX. Their plan is to use ECC 6.0 ( Netweaver 7.0 SR2) with EP 7.0 and all others are latest version. The Dev setup in WIndows-Oracle and production will be AIX-Oralce. In the Dev setup, install all the components in separate servers and in production it is to be combined as follows ERP+ SRM(later) in one server, EPXI in another server, BW in one server and DMSTREX in last one.

Here my doubt is, this installation plan will have any issue?.

Second, the data export from DEV ( windowsoracle) Production ( unix-AIXoracle) will have any issue?

Please reply with details. As the project is in the planning phase.

regards,

Siby Syriac.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siby,

If your client need such a broad installation (SAP ECC ( FI-CO,MM,PS,HR,REM,PM), EP, BW, XI, DMS and TREX), I'm sure that they hired a Senior Project Manager together with a team of senior consultants in each of the areas to look after the implementation. Also i presume they have look into hardware requirements to ensure the landscape will deliver the adecuate performance to the target amount of concurrent users.

As far as i can see from the 10 lines you wrote, I can't see a QA environment been considered... which I think is a mistake (thats only my own opinion). I can't see any issues having DEV runnning Windows and PRD running AIX (As long that youre confortable working in both environments). About the installation plan is very difficult to tell by your 10 lines but I'll try avoid having two big systems in the same box as ECC and SRM.

Thats my 2 cents

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan.

As the client is having many experienced consultants, I don't think the setting will be a major problem. But as a Basis Consultant, I have the responsibility to map all the HW settings. That is my worries.

Please try to pass some mor einformation regarding the Installation and initial config.

awaiting your valuable suggestions.

regards,

siby syriac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

>I can't see any issues having DEV runnning Windows and PRD running AIX

I surely can see some issues about that.

Interface specific programs (dealing with files) need to be developped as OS independent. It's very possible using logical paths and files but, in my experience, a lot of developpers make a lot of errors on this subject and if you cannot test before the production system, be prepared for problems...

I've seen so much programs with "\" or "/" hard coded in the paths...

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats a good point...

Juan

Answers (0)