cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Client Copy PRD To DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to Copy the PRD data to one DEV Client. Which type is prefer to copy.

Last 3 months back they have PRD copy in DEV Client. Can i override the same Client or create new one?

Pls advise...If override means what are the steps? Pls inform me....

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I would ask the person who did the copy 3 months back whether you can overwrite the client of not.

Is there a specific security aspect to your question (this is the security topic forum)?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

That person is already resigned. I'm new person.

Thanks for your reply..

Rajesh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm...

Such a client copy would hopefully have been requested, so the change management records ("ticket") would hopefully have information in it as to why the client copy was requested and how it it is needed for?

Plan C: Check who the activate users are in that client and ask them whether the client data is required, or can be copied again.

Good luck,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The main purpose the test the program in the Upto date data... So the asking the mirror of PRD...

Pls advise..

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I assume the copy 3 months ago and this new one are not "just for fun".

There is a difference between a mirror of a system and a client copy.

I understood your question to be: "How do I know whether I can overwrite the data in the client?"

PS: If there is sensitive transaction or master data involved, you might want to make it anonymous and "scramble" it.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last 3 mnths back for the same purpose , they do the Client copy.

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Here i would like to share few points regarding client copy,which i have't done myself but involved along with senior ADMIN.

Actually i also got the same doubt like,for that he says always keep old 2 exported files(taken 3 months back ) with different name by re-naming.Also it maynot recommended to over-write.

So recommended way is to export data(required) to new file operating system level and then import to target operating system level(from the command prompt u can perform this by connecting to source system).

Rgds,

Gadde.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gadde,

Thanks for your Suggestion. Pls explain Steps for how to do export & import the data. ( PRD To DEV )

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am moving this thread to the SAP NW Administrator forum for you.

I think you will have a better chance of finding folks with "step-by-step" experience there.

(no offense to Gadde, only myself)

Also, if you use the search, then I can imagine some usefull information is already here,

as this question has without much doubt been asked and answered before.

Good luck,

Julius