cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC unable to detect IIS & IIS version

Former Member
0 Kudos

In attempting to install VC I get an error during the installation that it was unable to detect IIS and the IIS version. The installation continues, but then VC does not work once installation is complete.

I noticed that after the installation, intead of installing to the wwwroot folder, it installed VC to the windows root folder instead!

Could this, or is this b/c we have installed IIS to our E drive instead of the C drive?

A side question I have is about the installation of the SDM components and versions. In the installation guide, the path to the components does not jive w/ was is downloaded from Service Marketplace.

But I found the components in the Service Martketplace for the BI UDI and BI MMR, and I was wondering do I use the version 5, or do I match the component w/ the patch level of my portal?

Regards,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

darren_martin
Explorer
0 Kudos

See Note#804496 Installing Visual Composer with Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The specific error message is:

<i>"Unable to detect the Internet Information Server (IIS) version. Contact the System Administrator to install the last IIS version. Otherwise the SapPortals application will not work properly."</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

were you able to fix this problem..I'm getting the same error.

really appreciate your help.

thanks

Jen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, see the OSS Note posted above for the solution. It involves correcting an IIS entry.

- Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you so much.. You're correct.. I added the parameter and I'm able to pass it.

thanks

Jen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I would like to give you points on this but I don't see the selection for points anymore.

thanks

Jen