cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business connector on Virtual Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a urgent help to know, if there are any disadvantages if we setup a Business connector environment in Virtual Server rather than a Physical server?

The situation is, currently I have business connector working on Physical server, for which a Warranty is reach end of life and no further support to the hardware is possible from the mother company.

Hence we have a plan of moving the Business connector in the physical server to a new virtual server provided by our infrastructure team as virtual servers are less costlier than physical server. Hence I would like to know how good to choose Virtual Server for business connector.

Also, do any one can suggest what is the best way of approach would be, to move the existing Business connector server operations to new hardware i.e. is it fine to do pure system copy and will it work? or else do I need to redo from installing the BC software and configuring it manually.

Thanks,

Bindu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmation from a current user of Business connector makes confident of usage of solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

we are running all of our BC servers on VMWare images. Works perfectly. You are better off installing the BC from scratch and remember if you are installing it onto Windows XP or alike you should select the Windows 2000 compatibility mode both for installation as well as when running it. This will allow it to run just fine.

Be aware that BC 4.8 is due to be released soon and that will give you a supported, JVM updated version of BC for Windows and Linux. Currently all JVM versions are un-supported for previous BC versions.

If you use the same name and IP for your virtual server than what you had for the previous physical server you should not see any changes in your configs. Again, we have moved these from physical to virtual doing just that and it all worked well.

If you don't care about support at this point in time then you can also run the whole lot on a newer JVM, though if this is feasible or necessary is up to you.

Cheers

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cople of inputs from my side.,

1.) Will the virtual system be accessable from the network, ie the patner systems.

2.) To set up the virtual system its best to install a new BC in the virtual system then to import all the packages ( development )

All the best.

regards

Arvind.