cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Directory same in FIle to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Can we have a same File Name and same Source Directory for 2 different scenarios?

Means in my communication channel i am putting

this

Source Directory : /POS/input/test

File Name: *.DAT

for one let us say ABC file to xyz-iDOC scenario

and same Source directory and same file name for

another scenario say hgf file to uio-iDOC scenario

Will it work or do i have to change the name of the file or something?

Please guide

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

i have understood your problem.

you can specify the same file within same directory for any number of scenarios.

but while excuting the scenarios, you are not able to judge for which scenario the file has been picked from that directory.

for this reason better specify different file names for different scenarios.

Regards,

Kiran kanaparti

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Make it simple and comfortable for Support it is better to go for the same directory but try to change the file name.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will work...but change the file name it's better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will definately work provided you have not marked any action such as archive or delete file after processing in sender communication channel.

Both scenarios will independently read the file with seperate communication channle. If in case you used single communication channle then both scenarios will be executed.

There will not be any relation of the interfaces and nothing will affect.

In XI monitoring SXMB_MONI or RWB you could monitor the communication channel for the processed files

If suppose you need to use the file for both scenarios then you could even

use the common sender communication channel also.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 29, 2008 9:11 AM

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 29, 2008 9:16 AM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swarup,

I've some doubts.

>It will definately work provided you have not marked any action such as archive or delete file after processing in sender communication channel.

Ok, I agree to this point. If you give TEST mode then obviously it will work. Provided there is atleast some time gap between these communication channels polling time. For example Channel1 Polling time 60 seconds, Channel2 Polling time 60 seconds. For example if he activate the first channel at 10:00:00 AM, then he need to activate the other channel 10:00:30 AM( hh:mm:ss). But I always need to make sure, re-activating again it's big pain we need to check at what time the first channel is activated based on that u need to re-activate the next.

>If suppose you need to use the file for both scenarios then you could even use the common sender communication channel also.

Is it, are u sure? So u mean the same comm.channel can be assigned to different scenarios also is it? I mean for two diff.O/B Interface you can create two diff.sender agreements with same channele? Can you try this and let me know?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you maintain the same file name for both interfaces means u will get the problem .

That time both interfaces are trying to pick the same file and according to the Poll intervel which u have mentioned in CC of the both interfaces one interface will pick the file and you wil get confuse that which interface got picked the file.

you can maintain same directory for the 2 interfaces, not possible to maintain same file name for 2 interfaces

Regards

Seshagiri

Edited by: N V Seshagiri on Mar 1, 2008 8:12 AM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sharma,

You can't keep the same file name. You can keep same directory but try to change the file name.

raj,