Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching a programm in batch job

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiya

I am trying to find a particular program which is run by a batch job. No in change log i find change only by the batch job in a document. and when i search for program that were running at that time i get a list. The list is too exhaustive to literally search every program and then check whether it has change anything...

any suggestions

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjeet,

Did you mean you want to find the job, which is running a particular program. For that you can go to SM37 IN the initial screen, at the bottom there is a field for program: type the program name and execute. You will get the name of the job running th eprogram

0 Kudos

Ya

However i have already done that and there is more than one job in the list, hence its difficult to check actually which programm did the changes cause in Change log only job name is reflected not the program..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rangeet,

<strike_out>

You could try to scan the programs for the job name, or the transaction code name which calls that screen, if that is what the program does. You can scan multiple programs using report RPR_SCAN_ABAP_SOURCE.

Another possibility is to copy the job into the debugger from SM37 and try to find it that way. Rather do that in your test system, as any updates in the jobs will also be updated in the debugger session.

</strike_out> (formatting not working for some reason)

Sorry, I misread your post.

2nd try: You already have the program, and want to know which one caused a specific update.

Have you tried comparing the job log with the date or timestamps of the updates?

Note that there might be job reorg jobs, so those logs might be gone already.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 1, 2008 9:14 AM

0 Kudos

Alright Julius i'll just check it and get back...

-

About comparing the job logs...

Say for example the spesific Change was caused as per change at 12:38:35 bu User Job_batch1121

When i chech in SE37 for User Job_batch1121 at 12:38:35

I get list of almost 10 Programms

Thanks

0 Kudos

> Ranjeet Rajendra Jain wrote:

> When i chech in SE37 for User Job_batch1121 at 12:38:35

> I get list of almost 10 Programms

I assume that (SE37) is a typing error (perhaps a Freudian slip...:-)

In SM37 log you will see the start time of the job step.

Dependig on the priority of the job and the records it processed, there might be many minutes / hours difference.

If you know which screen processed the record... then try scan the programs in the jobs for a call to that screen / transaction.

I am not sure why you are asking the question, or what you want to know, considering that (perhaps) any of those 10 programs might be able to update the record, and therefore does not make a difference which one did it (if Job_batch1121 can do it, with that program)?

Is the program name the same each 10 times?

Kind regards,

Julius

PS: Take a look in any of those 10 programs to see whether there is an include at the beginning of the program which is included in all of them?

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 3, 2008 10:35 PM

0 Kudos

Well Julius all the 10 programms are different and they are not just 10 they are more.

One of the enhancement is doing a change, and hence forth we want to have a logic in place before the changes are executed.

I am not a Technical guy, and am trying to solve it on my own

THATS WHY I WAS ASKING THIS QUESTION

0 Kudos

Hello Ranjeet,

> One of the enhancement is doing a change, and hence forth we want to have a logic in place before the changes are executed.

I am not clairvoyant, so I could not know that you have an enhancement activated and still do not know where this enhancement / exit is, nor which program could trigger it to create these jobs, or steps in a job. Is this exit an enhancement to SAPMV45A?

> Well Julius all the 10 programms are different and they are not just 10 they are more.

Perhaps all 10 or more programs are triggering the enhancement? So the answer is all of them.

> I am not a Technical guy, and am trying to solve it on my own.

That makes two of us, so you are not alone. Sorry for all the questions, when what you were hoping for was an answer...

Cheers,

Julius