cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while compiling Model in VC 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a error while compiling model in Visual Composer 7.1.

An exception occurred at the server while running the build process, reason: Extension with id com.sap.vc.runtimeproviders.null not found. For more details please refer to the log file.

Can any one please tell me what the error is?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The common reason for this kind of error is a misconfigured model or data service proxy

To verify this is not the case please follow these steps:

1. In the DC where you get the error open your models one by one and verify that the runtime provider that is configured is set properly (usually should be WebDynpro but could be Voice or Portal if this is the runtime that you are targeting your application to)

This configuration is accessible in the configure panel when your model is in focus

2. Do the same as described in bullet 1 on your data services' usages as well. Select the usage of the data service and check that the runtime provider is set properly

3. remove any unused service in your DC (this is a good practive regardless of the current problem. To view your data services in a certain DC open the "Manage Models Dialog". Select the "Data Services" entry in the filter dropdown on the top right corner. Drill down into the DC you are clearing and delete services you do not think they are in use. Please note that removing a service must be done carefully since you might delete services that could be in use by other models in the same DC or by dynamic entry list of a control in your model, etc.)

Please let me know if it helped

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked brilliantly Guy! If I could I'd shower you with points but alas I can't as I'm not the owned of this question/thread ...

Anyway, if you go to the resolution you pointed out in option #3, go to Manage Models and select "Data Services" in the top right corner of that pop-up window.

Go to your Development Component, select it, and in the middle of the buttons at the top choose to add them to Source Control. The Data Service that is causing the error will cause an error here as well, only here, it will be named specifically instead of giving a random error. I double checked it, and indeed it's a DS I'm no longer using.

I deleted it from the list, tried adding them to Source Control again, and it worked! I cancelled the screen (I don't really want to add them to source control anyway), compiled my VC model, deployed it, and it worked brilliantly!

Thanks v much!

Frederik-Jan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same error after having done an ugrade from SPS04 to SPS05. I didn't get the error on the SPS04.

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error, SP3 though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems one of the Software components is missing.

I will investigate this further next week and let you know.

Regards,

Shai