Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** How to stop a particular queue completely in SMQ2 tcodes

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have nearly 6000 messages in various queues in SMQ2 tcode (Inbound queues). For example,

XBTO1_0001 1875

XBTO1_0002 2335

XBTO1_0002 1770

Messages are processed slowly. When we tried to stop a queue, only one message is stopped in the queue. Instead we want to stop complete 1 queue. Then, we feel that remaining queues will work fase. So, how to do this ...?

Kind Regards,

Jeg P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Instead we want to stop complete 1 queue. Then, we feel that remaining queues will work fase. So, how to do this ...?

Use transaction SXMB_ADM --> Manage Queues. Deregister the particular queue you want to stop.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just goto tcode SMQR and select the queue you need to stop and press Deregistration Button from tool bar.

It will stop that queue, and at the time of activating just select it and press the registration button.

Also refer

Note 74141 or 795221

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/73241e03337442b1bc1932c2ff8196/frameset.htm

thanks

Swarup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

I want to stop 'XBTZ' queues in SMQR tcode, wheas the XBT queue is displayed. We set filtering queues XBTZ* queue for more than 1.5 MB messages thru 'Queue Filtering' option in SXMB_ADM. I want to stop this queue start with XBTZ*.

1) Why the queue XBTZ* is not displayed in SMQR tcode ? (But, it is displayed in SMQ2)

2) If we 'Deregister' the queue, any effect will come for the new messages ?

Kindly reply.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Why the queue XBTZ* is not displayed in SMQR tcode ? (But, it is displayed in SMQ2)

in SMQR it will give the list of standard queues available like XBTZ* is present in the SMQR..at the bottom pls check once more.

if you deregister it, this queue will be out from the data intake...if number of interfacess are huge which are running it will affect so much but might reduce the execution time some what...but you intention is to just clear the queues form that right? so not much effect...later activate it again...i doubt you will be able to deregister it when it is hloding some failed messages...let me knoe if you can

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Why the queue XBTZ is not displayed in SMQR tcode ? (But, it is* displayed in SMQ2)

--->are you sure that the queue XBTZ* is active. Because in SMQr you could see the queues which are active and are already registered.

Re register the queues and make it active.

Try to make the ragistration of queue "XBTZ*" in SMQR.

Press directly Registration tab and rgister the queue then deactivate it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/59/d9fa40ee14f26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Go to SMQR and check the Scheduler Status i.e first line of the Screen. If it is Wait or any other status, then make sure that all Queues are registered.

Also.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

If we Deregister the queue then the queue is no longer processed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/595f3ca0dd9770e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

thanks

Swarup