cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating credit memo/debit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I want to create credit and debit memo for the invoices that are already created in legacy system.

These memo i would like to create with referene to invoice created in legacy and the base price should be from legacy only.

For ex. For material X the base price in legacy was 10 and now it is different than 10.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in SAP, you can creade credit/debit memo requests with reference to an invoice. any conditions in the invoice (including prices) will be copied into your request.

to create the request, you use t-code VA01 and specify the document type.

for the conditions to be copied from the invoice to your request, the necessary copy controls must be maintained using t-code VTFA.

you mentioned that your invoices are in the legacy system. please clarify if this should be taken to mean that these are not in your SAP system?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, the invoices are created in legacy system. As i have explained above that price will be of legacy.My client wants to create credit memo and debit memo for these invoice in SAP now.( I can't change the conditon records of material X in vk11 as the price is different now and users are creating orders in SAP for the material at the same time)

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

there are many ways to meet your requirement. perhaps not fully but at least most of it anyway.

we had a similar situation in one of our implem projects. we also needed to do credit memo requests based on invoices not in the system. because your invoices are in the legacy, there is no standard way for your requests to be created with reference to the invoices.

what we did was to assign a different pricing procedure (let's say it's ZVAA01) to our credit and debit memo request sales doc types. this pricing procedure has pricing condition type ZR00 (which replaced PR00).

we then defined prices for condition type ZR00. we also enabled this for manual entries.

in this way, you can maintain prices for regular sales, and at the same time have different prices for the purposes of doing credit/debit memo requests.

if you need to reference the invoices in the legacy, i think this would be the job of the ABAP and maybe BASIS and XI.

regards.