cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus

i have one problem that my client has a product -milk 1 litre pouch & another material is Returnable packaging -CRATE

now i want to pack that milk 1 lit into CRATE

so that the system automatically take the conversion factor that 12 milk pouch(1 lit) = 1 CRATE

i have already created the CRATE as a Returnable packaging material (LEIH) Milk as a Finished product (NORM)

whats total setting of this Returnable packagine material

suitable answers will be rewarded

Regards

Amol Gawai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Amol,

--->First you maintain the Packing material data in the Material master >Basic data 1->Packing materials data for the material MILK.

-

>Do the Itemcategory determination with the combination of Itemcategory group LEIH

If you want pack at Sales order level you do Item category determination like this.

Sales document type+LEIH--->Item category

If you want pack at delivery level you fallow the as Durga already mentioned.

Delivery type+LEIH---->Item category.

-->Standard Itecategory is TAL for Returnble package shipment,so copy the that or you can assign same one.

-->Maintain the pricing for the Returnable package that is CRATE in the VK11.

--->You can pick up the CRATES from the customer through the LA document type.

--->If the customer not having or not return the CRATES you can issue the CRATES tthrough the LN document type.

Here the price will come based on the which you have maintained in the VK11 for the CRATE.

--->Create invoice with reference of the Issue document.

-->Before going to create Sales order or Delivery you should have proper stock of the CRATES in your plant.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol..

Normally we are doing packing for the standar material in the delivery at that time system is determining Item category is some XXXX for that material so system is raising the billing for that packing material in the invoice.. This is happening by doing Item category determination in delivery level..

The same thing u need to follow in this scenarion do the item category determination in the delivery level

LF LEIH TAL

Then enter the CRATE in Delivery level for packing purpose automatically system is picking TAL itemcategory then system will not raise any invoice for that material.

If the material is not coming return in time then u can follow the same process wat u r following in the Returnable packing Material

I.e Returnable Packing Pick up ( LA ) if it i returned

If it is not retuned Issue ( LN )..

I hope this will work,

Rewards, if it is usefull..

Regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for this

but know this process

but i want to know how can in delivery i pack the 1 lit milk pouch into the crate

regards

amol

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AMOL...,

In the delivery you click on the Packing Icon (which is look like AS carton) then the system will take you to the packing screen there you enter the packing quantity then agin click on packing Icon then the system will ask you to show the allow packing materils you click on OK then the system will give the list of Packing material there you select CRATE then Pack,

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.T on Feb 29, 2008 6:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

In the delivery ( VL02N) select the material for which you want to do the packing and go to EDIT in menu bar and prss button Pack, then one more screen will come there u can able to see two boxes in first box in second column enter ur CRATE material and press enter automaticall all the details will come then select the pack line item and and standard line item in the second box and press icon like pack that 4th button which is laying in between these two boxes with brown colour..

Automatically system will pick packing material how many u required Ex: 12 pouches = 1crate

in delivery there 120 pouches then system will pick 10 crates will come in to delivery after going back u can see 10qty of crates in delivery overview screenn..

That 12 pouche === I crate u need to maintain in Crate master Sales general plant in that u need to main tain Packin material group and material type also..

I hope this will help you..

rewards, if it is useful..

Regards

Durga Prasad.