cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QC for incoming material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PP/QM gurus,

Please help me out in following senario.

I want to do the valuation of raw material when the result recording & the usage decision of the inspection lot is done by the QC department for the raw material(incoming material).

This is because the cost of raw materail is completely dependent on the purity of that material.

Please give me your suggestions on this senario.

Regards,

Amit shirsath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In no way you valuate the material in QM.

QM will help you to process inspection ie, to record the results & make the usage decision.

The best work aroung is :

to have different material codes for diffent purity.

While making Ud they will accordingly post the material to respective material codes .

Regards

YMREDDY

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your basing cost on a specific characteristic value of the batch, then you can use the active ingredient functionality of SAP. It is designed specifically for this.

Please review the help files on this.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if any body have some idea on active integrent then please provide the details.

Regards

Amit Shirsath

Former Member
shantilal_babel
Explorer
0 Kudos

In your scenarion you are taking material & after its quality u r posting it

This can be done QM

in this scenarion you can ask the rebeat from vendor if the quality is low & if the quality is low you can transfer the material in differnet material code or u can transfer it to different batch with same material code

for batch u can maintain the different valuation type

The scenarion is like this

ask rebeat from vendor

transfer material in diffn batch or material code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I dont have a good answer for you.

You can think over the following.

You can have a Qualitative char say "Grade" with different codes for acceptance( eg 0010-grade1,0020-grade2 etc).

While giving the UD , based on acceptance code may be you can think of transfering the stock into a new material which is having valuation for corresponding grade.

From MM point of view , i am not sure about maintaining valuation of raw material based on the purity of material.

Hope this will helps you a little bit.

Regards

K.M.Arun