cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffer table not up to date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Guru,

We are on SRM Server 5.5 and ECC 6.0. I'm trying to transfer the external requirements (purchase requisition) from ECC to SRM.

I could see that there are entry being created in table crmd_orderadm_h and crmd_orderadm_i for each purchase requisitions. But I dont see those requirments in sourcing cockpit. Later I found the message 'BBP_PD 002 Buffer Table not up to date'. There is no dump in ST 22.

Already tried transaction SWU_OBUF but no help.

Please suggest

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In addition to Disha's reply please find below few observations and OSS notes hwich may help you in resolving your issue.

The Buffer table not up to date error generally comes when there is no space available in the buffer tables. Generally if you refresh the buffer tables the issue should get resolved.

Please interact with your BASIS guys for further help as you have already tried SWU_OBUF txn.

And BBP_PD 002 message comes when there is an issue with interface (interface errors). Please find some OSS notes in taht regard :

Note 596974 - Error for call of EBP BAPIS

Note 1042499 - Interface Data contains Errors in the sourcing cockpit

Note 549499 - EBP: BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI causes errors (BBP_PD 002)

These may not be directly relevant to you but there is no OSS notes exist for the exact issue you mentioned in case of External Requirement transfer.

So discuss with your BASIS guys and get back to us for further help.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you activated the extended scenario, if so please verify if you have properly configured the product categories.

Regards,

Imthiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imthiaz,

Yes we have activated extended classic. Could you please explain in more detail about 'properly configuring the product categories.'

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody tell how to configuring the product categories in ECS .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the configuration point : "define sourcing for product category" .

Path : SRM SPRO -> Sourcing->Define Sourcing for Product Categories.

Also Enter specific Material group in "Define Sourcing for product Category" and do not use "*".

BR,

Disha.

DO reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This is a generic error and usually the system does not provide much information for the cause of this. But in many instances when I had debugged the standard programs, I have seen that the main cause for this runtime error (CX_BBP_PD_ABORT) is due to two main reasons (in 90% of the cases):

1. Missing Customizing entires

2. Due to improper user attributes.

Please check whether the user id which is being used to replicate this data (usually the user in RFC destination) has necessary attributes for this activity (Check user attributes using transaction BBP_ATTR_CHECK). This could be one major reason.

I am not able to provide you the exact solution, but this should help you to narrow down the problem.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kathirvel,

I ran BBP_ATTR_CHECK for the RFC user. for all application. It gives red for the attribute PRCAT and ADDR_SHIPTO. I have maintained attribute PRCAT at the extended attribute tab. But not defined ship to address. I am not sure this could be the reason.

Also noticed that the sourcing relevant indicator is not set for SC item. I have already made the setting for define sourcing for product category in spro.

Thanks,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Jain on Feb 29, 2008 2:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the foll notes;

Note 920363 - Shopping cart transfer: Sourcing indicator is not set

Note 1032713 - BBP_GET_STATUS_2: incorrect sourcing indicator

Note 1084144 - BBP_GET_STATUS_2 sourcing relevant indicator

BR,

Disha.