cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC currency issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my attribute, my default CUR is EUR. I created a SC with a price value of 10 and the default currency is EUR. I then selected a different currency type, British Pound. After clicking on Check, the price value changes to something like 9.96.

Why does the price value change? How do I get it to stay the same regardless of which currency is used?

My final SC total value is always in EUR no matter which currency code I used at the line item. I assume this is so because of my CUR attribute and also my WF's default, which is also EUR.

Is there a way to be able to create a SC in another currency type in addition to the defaulted one?

Thanks in advance.

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currency attribute from PPOMA_BBP is used to calculate SC total amount.

At the item level,you can add items with different currencies but SC total value will be calculated in the user's default currency defined as an attribute in PPOMA_BBP.This is this amount/currency that is used in WF starting conditions.

You can control the available currencies in the drop down list box using the BADI BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY, with method GET_CURRENCY.

To define a default currency as favorite for all users, create an entry in table BBP_CURRENCY_FAV, with owner = SAP_DEF_USER .

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the default CUR attribute, and how it determines the SC value.

My problem is when I enter an initial price value such as 100, it changes to something else when I change to a different currency code. I'm not talking about the total value of the SC (qty x price). I'm talking about the price changing itself from 10,00 to 9,99 or 15,00 to 14,99 when I change from GBP to CHF currency code, for example.

After I change a currency code, I click on Check and this is when the price changes value. There's some sort of conversion going on but I don't know what. Even when I stay with one currency code, after changing the price to an even number (i.e. 15,00), the value changes to something else other than 15,00.

Has anyone seen such behavior?

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should look into the notes 879309, 1023626, 1077425, 1122971, 1000725, 1129345.

The note 879309, 1023626 are most important. After applying all the notes we were able to get rid of this problem.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanna,

These notes describe our exact problem. I'm in the process of applying note 879309 but I ran into an issue at step #3 where I have to input a new calculation formula for pricing procedure 0100. That calculation formular 10001 does not exist.

Did you run into similar issue?

Thanks,

SN

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After applying java patch, you have to restart the VMC in SM52.

Once VMC is reinitialized, you can process with step 3.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann,

Tcode SM52 does not exist in SRM.

SN

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This transaction exist in newest version but maybe you have an old SRM version.

What is your SRM version and patch level ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on SRM 5.0 SP09. I'm looking through all the related notes that I need to apply. I may have missed something in between.

Will come back and update message.

Thanks.

SN

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM50, SM52 exist !!!!

Maybe you don't have authorization to this transaction...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for my late response. you can refer to note 1077245. this note contains the JAR files (which contain the formula) which you will have to import as described in note.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

That note is not applicable to us since it's for SRM 5.5 and we're on SRM 5.0.

I ended up opening a message with SAP as I found out that we were at an IPC level that is not recommended for the version of SRM that we're on. We're in the process of downgrading IPC.

Had you or anyone ran into this situation?

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our problem was because our IPC level was not at the level recommended for our SRM version. Per SAP's suggestion, we downgraded our IPC version and that resolves our issue.

Thanks for all your help.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also facing the same issue as mentioned by you, We are on SRM Sever 5.5 and SP08, so what should be the recomended IPC level or please let me know where to find this.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on SRM4.0 Server 5.0 SP09 so OSS Note 533877 is what we used to determine the appropriate IPC version applicable to us. Please reference other OSS notes above for more info on IPC settings.

Hope that helps.

SN