Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview of transactions assigned to Roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day All

I need some help to produce a report by security role profile listing all t-codes attached to profile.

I have over 350 roles and i need to show the transactions assigned to each role.

I know that you can search roles by complex selection criteria and you can get the list of roles.From here you can further drill down to get the transactions assigned to each role by cliking on the 'Trans.Assignment' tab.

But the downside is that you need to do this each time for each role.

Is there anyway report to collectvely show all roles in the PR client and the transactions assigned to each role at the same time as opposed to the way i'm thinking about doing that process over 350 times???

Help please!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use table AGR_1251 with S_TCODE specified for the object field. You can get the transaction descriptions from table TSTC.

If you are certain all transactions are assigned via the role menu then you could also use the table AGR_TCODES.

Alternatively you could attempt to set-up a query for this data - if you want to run this on a regular basis.

Regards

0 Kudos

Your suggestion is theright approach as soon or later it has to be done thru a query.

How does one set up a query?? This is the hub our job ! I have been trying fo ra while but failed.

If I have to run a periodic report of 18 TCODEs usage how Do i do it ? I had posted similar question but we all talked about STAT, ST03, SM20 but I need the usage for a month --like a query ! SQ01?

0 Kudos

Unfortunately I've nevere been able to create a useful query for transaction usage - I think the best way is to activate the Security Audit log which you can analyse through SM20 or SM20N.

If you wanted to create a query I suggest you work with one of your developers, as it may take some work - transaction ST03 uses the structure SAPWLTCOD0 which you could use as part of your infoset. Then create a query to analyse this data.

0 Kudos

>

> How does one set up a query?? This is the hub our job ! I have been trying fo ra while but failed.

Well, to find transactions in roles per user you could join tables AGR_USERS and AGR_1251 in transaction SQVI:

Create a new quickview and enter a title Start with a table join in Basis mode Insert tables AGR_USERS and AGR_1251 and they will be joined automatically Hit the 'back' button. Put all available fields in the tabs :list fld. select" and "selection fields" Play around to see which ones you do not need and delete those.

In quite a lot of SAP disciplines the use of SQVI is disencouraged as they're a bit of a performance hog. For security it's fine as our tables generally don't grow too big.

My favourite query is a join between AGR_1251 and AGR_AGRS to see object values selected by composite role.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Thanks folks.

But again the question haunts --atleast me !!

1. If I need to take a report of 15- 20 Individual tcode usage and run this as a batch job ( as its cumbersome to do it else!)

The options I have tried :

SM20> Gives the ooutput but then I need to physically enter the tcode 15 times !! and process the sam for all the instancesso ifI have 7 instances I need to do it for 15 * & Times !!

STAT--> Similar to SM20 -Just that its a differnt view

ST03N->More on the workload analysis I donot get the Which User has used list like SM20 !

I tried couple ofreports but forget which one ! on SA38

Did you folks get what i am trying to obtain ?

if so suggest a path !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much i'm going to try this.If i'm only concerned with the Assigned Roles( those which have users assigned to them) then i'll probably need to import that range of roles into field AGR_NAME to run,right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeel john,

try with Table USTSTCAP it can help you to meet your requirement

hope this helps

thanks,

kishore