cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT typr for QI posting back into QI

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm looking for help with a Material movement type to be used for QM.

On the stock posting screen, we can post on several lines. Each line is associated with movement type, (MT).

For instance, if I deem the material good, then I post on the line labelled "Unrestricted". In config, this line uses MT 321 to post the material to unrestricted.

I need a MT to move the material from QI to unrestricted but to a new storage location AND create a new stock relevant inspection lot in the process. It would be similar to 411. When I try to use 411 from the stock posting screen, it trys to do a move from unrestricted and of course the material is not there, it is in QI.

I fully expect to make a copy of a MT so if someone can't suggest a good MT to use, I can copy one and make the appropriate changes to it. If I could copy 411 to a 900 series and get it to look at QI for the material that would be great. But how do I do that?

Thanks,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls create Z* mvt type...

Go to OMJJ trx..

Select Client only & Enter ur client Number & press Continue..

In the Next Screen you will see Mvt types..

Here, Select your Mvt type...say 411 & click Copy as Button...

Then Change the Mvy type from 411 to say 911 and Press enter...

Here you will get a popup Asking to Copy all Or only copy entry..

Click on Copy all...It will Copy All the dependent entries...

Then SAVE..

But Remember, pls do not forget to copy the Reversal Mvt type.....also

Thx

Raju

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for yoru response. I have done that. But the problem is that when used in the QM UD stock posting screen, that movement type looks for material in unrestricted inventory. The material I want to move is in QI. Is there a way to edit the movement type somehow to have it look at QI instead of UR? If I can do that, a copy of 411 would be perfect.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Interesting scenario you are proposing, never done it myself for any customer. Had a bit of thought on this though. How about trying to copy movement type 323 (Transfer posting QI to QI). In the standard it has no lot origin assigned so would need a means to update the '900' posting you created to have a lot origin of 08 I guess. I have not had a chance to have a go on one of our IDES systems but this seems the best place to start since the quantity and value posting strings look okay. What do you think?

Regards.

Colin.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the problem is that after about 4.0 SAP took away the ability to change/update inspection origins on movement types. Even if i copy the 323 to a 900 series, I haven's seen the ability to add the inspection origin. I'm definitely open to ideas as to how to do this though!!!!

What we will probably ultimately do is use the VMENGE08 positng line to post this "reinspect" qty to blocked stock. We'll add a follow-up action to all our UD codes. The FM for the follow-up action will look at the VMENGE08 qty and then do a standard 349 (I think), blocked to QI transfer posting for the same qty of material. This will create a stock relevant 08 inspection type.

Now we just have to figure out a way to make sure MRP doesn't consider this QI stock as available. It might sit in QI for awhile until they decide what to do with material. And since from first pass we already know there are problems with the material, we don't want MRP to consider it when planning new production and raw materials.

I have recently discovered that MRP doesn't seem to care why material is in QI, or what storage location its in,or if the batch is restricted. If it's in QI, it either considers it, or it doesn't. So if you have QI stock in a non-MRP storage location, MRP still considers it as available, (as of the end date of the lot), since its in QI. It doesn't care if its in a non-MRP storage location. This kind of stinks.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

you still have the possibility to imply the user-exit QAAT0001 in which you can assign the inspection type an in which you can check the movement used. Maybe this exit could resolve the last problem you are facing.

Regards,

Isabelle

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Isabelle,

I'll definitely look at that. Now would that user exit just allow me to influence the inspection type? I would still have to use a material movement that had an inspection origin assigned correct? I can't add or modify inspection origins in any way that I can find.

It does appear that MD04 will not look QI stock if it is in non-relevant storage location. But MD05 will look at all of QI. So we might be able to live with that.

We are using GATP and will need to add a filter to not transfer any lots in a non-MRP storge location. Right now GATP considers any lot with SPRQ status.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

you could try to create a follow-up action that posts the material using the 322 movement which will create a 08 inspection lot.

Unfortunately QM is not designed to post a material directly into Quality stock from the UD.

Regards,

Isabelle

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes.. that is the approach we are taking. We use VMENGE08 to post the material to blocked. Then have the follow up action use the VMENGE08 quantity and uses 349 MT to post the material from blocked to QI and we get an 08 inspection lot that way.

It was the only way we found to do this.

Craig