cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBPGETVD updates VENMAP but not BUT000 (Business Partners)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing an issue regarding R/3 vendors replication to SRM.

Our SRM release is SRM 5.0 (WAS 6.4 and SRM_SERVER 5.5) and we have a extended classic scenario.

Once BBPGETVD transaction is finished, sometimes, for some vendors VENMAP table is correctly updated. Nevertheless, for BUT000 table, corresponding Business Partner is not created.

As a consequence, BBPMAININT transaction ("Manage Business Partner") is useless. Indeed, as no BP is created for our related vendor, it is not possible to manage vendor data using the Web transaction (it's the same using SAP GUI).

SAP OSS advised us to use function module BBP_BUPA_DELETE in order to delete suppliers in this situation.

However, using this FM, we have an error message BBP_BUPA 362 ("“Contracts/conditions exist for partner XXXXX; Deletion not possible). This message is generated by FM BBP_BUPA_CND_EVENT_DELE1 as importing parameter LV_DELETE from function module BBP_PDCND_USEBP_CHECK is empty.

In SRM, we don't have any purchasing documents for these badly created suppliers, so i don't understand why it is impossible de delete these vendors.

Was anybody faced to this issue ?

Any help is welcome, nevertheless no need to give me OSS notes: all the existing ones concerning BBPGETVD, BBPUPDVD, BBP_VENDOR_SYNC are implemented.

Thank you in advance.

Laurent.

Edited by: Laurent Burtaire on Feb 28, 2008 7:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

When you said the replication is happening correctly and you could see replciated suppliers in VENMAP table.

Could you see anything in PPOSV_BBP txn under your Vendor Group ( Vendor Root Org) ?

Did the replicated vendors have correct Postal Code maintained in the backend before replication ??

Try creating a vendor locally and see whether the BP is getting generated or not ??

If the BP is getting generated for the local vendors then there should not be any issue. You can even link the back end vendor to this vendor using BBPMAININT or Manage Business Partners link using portal under Vendor Data tab.

Please let us know about the above observations for further help.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

Your post was very helpful to carry on with investigation !

Now, i think having understood why i have the processed described above.

In SRM, we have plants used as locations in extended attributes from Organizational Units.

These plants are the ones replicated from R/3 using report BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_SELECTED. When created in BBP_LOCMAP table, a partner number is linked to the location.

This partner number exists in BUT000 table as partner category 2 (organization) and grouping 0001 (internal number assignment). An internal number range is associated to this grouping (BUCF transaction).

Concerning vendors, when replicated from R/3 using BBPGETVD, they are transferred with R/3 number. As a consequence, those suppliers are in BUT000 as partner category 2 (organization) and grouping 0002 (External number assignment). An external number range is associated to this grouping (BUCF transaction).

The external number range was modified because our suppliers are two types:

- some are external vendors, that is are not part of affiliates or company codes - beginning with 5 for example,

- some are internal vendors, that is are part of affiliates or company codes - beginning with Z for example (in R/3 – XK03, in purchasing data view, a plant assignment was added – supplying plant).

According to this, during vendors replication, instead of using R/3 vendor number as Business Partner Data, it is the Partner ID associated to the plant (in BBP_LOCMAP table) which is used as Vendor number: that’s why R/3 vendor number is created in VENMAP table, but, in BUT000, the partner GUID from VENMAP is linked to the Partner ID.

That’s why, to find our supplier in BBPMAININT (“Manage Business Partner”), Business Partner Data must be filled-in with the Partner ID and not with the R/3 supplier number.

It is the same in PPOSV_BBP transaction: we have to use Partner ID and not R/3 supplier number as Business Partner in Vendor search.

I updated my OSS message: i'm waiting an answer.

With all these elements, if you have new suggestions...

Thank you in advance.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

I am also having the similar problem with few vendors. With the help of your message I am able to understand the problem. Could you please let drop a message back once you hear back from SAP on the fix. I have abt 20 vendors and when I transfer I can see about 10 in the BUT000 with BP number but I can see the missing vendors in the system with BP number in BBP_LOCMAP. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shankar

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

I will let you inform about solution given to this issue.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Laurent.

Can someone address the following questions.

1. What happens if I replicate the Locations first and then Vendors

with the same address?

a. does system create BP numbers for locations and vendors separately?

b. If i choose the address coparison to identify the deplicates while

i run BBPGETVD, does system won't replicate vendors to SRM as they are

alreay existing as locations with BP numbers?

2. How can I have locations and vendors separately in SRM though they

both have same address maintained in ECC? Note: I want to maintain ECC

number range for vendors.

Thanks,

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Shankar,

I give you below some elements regarding your questions.

Point 1a:

No, and this is my problem... Location Business Partner (BBP_LOCMAP table) is linked, via the Partner GUID associated to the same Business Partner in BUT000 (table updated when location was replicated from R/3), to the R/3 vendor number created in VENMAP after BBPGETVD transaction. Nevetheless, Vendor Business Partner in "Manage Business Partner" web transaction is the BP in BUT000 and not the vendor number in VENMAP.

Point 1b:

There is no use to unset "Address Comparison to identify Duplicates" when using BBPGETVD because, even if BP is already existing in BUT000, VENMAP is not yet updated for this Partner GUID.

Point 2:

It is for what i asked to OSS.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent, Any update from SAP?

Thanks,

Shankar

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

I do not have yet answer from SAP.

I will let you inform about it.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Please let me know if you have any update from SAP.

Thanks,

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

Still no explaination and resolution yet...

Maybe one day !

I will let you inform.

Regards.

Laurent Burtaire.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Have got some informations from SAP concerning my issue.

First, in case after vendors replication from R/3 to SRM, table VENMAP in correctly updated but VENDOR_NO is linked by its PARTNER_GUID to the wrong PARTNER in BUT000, entry in VENMAP must be deleted.

I advise you to do this ONLY IF no purchasing documents were created with this vendor.

For this:

- fill in VENDOR_NO with vendor number in VENMAP table (SE16),

- double click on row selected,

- start debug with '/h' then click twice 'Enter',

- in debugging, change value of field name 'CODE' from 'SHOW' to 'DELE',

- execute the progam,

- click on the 'Delete Entry'.

Once it is done, run BBPGETVD transaction but you have to unset 'Address Comparison to Identitfy Duplicates' check-box.

In this way, vendor with R/3 number is created in VENMAP and the corresponding PARTNER is also created in BUT000 with same vendor number (external for SRM point of view).

Second, one thing to know is if vendor in R/3 has a plant assignment in purchasing data view ( XK03 transaction), the replication is not allowed.

To be able to make the vendor replication in this case, either delete this value in vendor purchasing data view (and put it again after replication), or manage fields WERKR and WEKRS (changing parameter CT_LFA ) using methods PREPARE_REPLICATION_DATA and/or PREPARE_UPDATE_DATA from BAdI BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP.

Regards.

Laurent.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the update ))

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the information in this thread. It worked perfect for the same problem we were facing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to delete the Business partner with the report BUPA_TEST_DELETE?

You can select Business partner or partners and delete.

Also see this note:

Note 673331 - Deletion indicator in purchasing data record of R/3 vendor

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Disha,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, as i wrote it, no BP exist for my vendor !

In my case, the vendor (and its GUID) exits, but no Business Partner was linked to it.

Concerning the note, it does not help me because in the vendor purchasing view, deleltion flags or blocked data are not set.

Any other suggestion ?

Regards.

Laurent.