cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ATP change sales order line item quntity?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help me to understand link between ATP and the sales order item's quantity. what is the role of ATP in the sales order? If you do please explain your comments. Why would ATP change a item's quantity?

Please help me to understand if system can change the sale order line item quntity...what configuration is required for that?

On what basis we have to check that the Sales order line Item quanty is changing through ATP checking or not..

Please help Me..

Reward Points for replying..

Thanking you,

Suryakant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suryakanth,

Please refer OSS note will give you clear idea about your ATP check.

Note 547512 - FAQ: Customizing of the ATP in R/3

Reward if useful

Regards

Jack

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me to understand relationship between ATP and Sales order line quantity..

I read this notes # 547512 but i didn't get any information regarding this..

How ATP effect the sales order line item quantity and what factor it consider at the time of changing the quantity..?

Thanks for your reply..

Suryakant Baranwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATP is available to promise. It is not supposed to change the order line item qty. But it checks according to current stock on hand, scheduled receipts and scheduled outgoing stocks and checks can it assign the stock to the orders and when.

Generally when order is created, the default check will be back scheduling in which the material availability is checked by going back deducting lead times from the requested delivery date. If this is not succesful, then system adds the lead time to nearest material ava date and gives possible delivery date which becomes the confirmed schedule line.

Hence ATP will not change the ordered qty of line item but will change it confirmation status.

Hope this helps. Reward points if this has helped you in anyway.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Answers (0)