cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple condition records for one customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to issue one output type to one recipient (customer) with three different transmission mediums (1, 2 and 5). But I can only create one condition record one time for a customer.

How can I create more than one cond rec for the same customer?

Thanks!

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

You may need to duplicate output condition types by transmission medium. We have done the same for printed, faxed and e-mailed output types. It's a bit more maintenance, but it let's you control what outputs are sent and thru which type of medium.

Kind regards,

Filip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

thanks, I was afraid of that.

So instead of one output type in V/33 I will have three, right?

If there is really no other way it seems it's a shortcoming of SAP not to foresee that one output needs to be sent via different media.

Rgds, Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my project we have defined this differently.

We have a o/p which user defines if he/she wants a print, pdf or email. So we have defined a new o/p medium called special function. Now in the driver program routine of the o/p, we check what is the option given in the header texts maintained. This text is either KNVV maintenable or manual change. Now according to text, the o/p medium will be selected in the program and function will be done.

Hope this helps. Reward accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

can you please explain again what do you mean by o/p?

You put in the header text if the customer wants the output faxed or mailed? And where do you retrieve the fax no or email address?

Thanks for clarifying.

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of maintaining thousands of output condition records thru VV31, what we have done is set the requirement of sending a particular output via the existance of a specific contact person type in the customer master.

For instance if you have 3 output types for invoices ( sent by mail, fax or e-mail ) you can attach the requirment to send the output to a contact type in the customer master. If you only set up a contact person designated for e-mail then the invoice for that customer is only sent by e-mail without having to maintain customer specific output condition records for e-mailed invoices. You can set up 1 general output condition record for each language you support.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Filip,

thanks for your answer.

If I understand correctly, if a customer wants the output by print, by fax and by mail, then I have to set up three contact persons in the customer, right?

Then I prefer to set up multiple condition records instead of so many contact persons.

Rgds, Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you explain this "Contact Person" thing a little more?

The contact person only has the option of 1(one) Communication method, so it does not seem this will work for Jessica's requirement to provide multiple outputs (ala fax and email and print)

Are you then doing something in the Driver Program to provide the multiple outputs based on Contact person ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jessica,

u'll be creating different condition type for each output type. so for each condition type u can create condition record seperately.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I specify the condition type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

can you please tell me more in detail where I can create several condition types for one output type?

Is a condition type not the same as an output type?

Thanks.

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can maintain three diffrerent output condition records for the same customer. But for tht output condition type do not acivate exclusion field. Then it will execute all three condition records at a time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

ok, I'll remove the exclusive flag, but still I'm not able to enter more than one record for one customer. I get the error message "The condition record entered already exists" (Message no. VK 065).

Have you ever been able to enter more than one record for one customer?

Jessica