cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction running infinitely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I wrote a transaction which takes a control recipe and LOIPRO files as input and builds a production schedule. This transaction is going into an infinite loop when the input size is large (say file size around 2MB) .

The last action in the transaction is a write file. Even after the file is created, transaction is not getting terminated/finished. When the input size is less (say file size around 300KB) , it is working fine. I dont think there are any infinite loops in the transaction.

While i am editing (some times when it is loaded )this transaction , there are some temporary files created in the same "Transactions" folder. Why this is happening and is this the problem with xMII or this specific transaction ?

Can we rely this on transaction as this is the core of our application ?

Mike.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

Since the editor doesn't force you to save before hitting F5 or F6, when you run a TRX from inside the editor it first saves a temporary file in the transactions root folder and then calls it through the Runner servlet. When it is finished running the TRX it will cleanup this temp file. If you hit the 'X' and close the Execution Logger window before it completes you may be causing the temporary TRX saved files to be left in the directory. You can manually clean these up without any problems.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jermey.

Can you also clarify difference between execute(F5) and execute without step trace(F6) ?

This transaction is finished the execution in 2 minutes when i say F6 but it is going into an infinite loop when i execute using F5.

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The difference i found is it is not printing begin/end of every action and every sequence. Is that the only difference ?

Also, is there any option/configuration setting to run the transaction always in execution with out step trace

mode?

When a transaction is triggered indirectly ( IDOC listener or called from another transaction) , how is the transaction executed ? F5 mode or F6 mode ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

F5 and F6 make a difference only when you are in design mode i.e. when you execute a transaction from the Transaction Editor.

During runtime, F5 and F6 are irrelevant. You need to change your log levels to suit your runtime requirement.

As for your iDoc Listener question:

The transaction is executed in runtime mode and hence, will log entries according to your log levels. F5 and F6 are irrelevant.

Hope this helps,

Jai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure its infinte , maybe its just taking a bit longer when processing a larger XML file.