Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debuggin R3 function module

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I've made a BPM that contains several calls to function modules in R3. I want to know if it's possible to set a breakpoint in the abap code in order to watch if data at that point is ok.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i>>>I want to know if it's possible to set a breakpoint in the abap code in order to watch if data at that point is ok.</i>

Ya it is possible.Select the line in abap code to which u want to monitor.Then Go in menu bar

<b>Utilities->Breakpoints->Set</b>

Then when u want to see that the data at that breakpoint is Ok,first execute the scenario and the click on <b>Debugging</b> button.once u will click u will b inside ABAP debugger here u can chk that data is OK or not.

Regards

Arpit Seth

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit.

I know how to debugg a function module in R3.

The thing i don't know if it's possible is when i send a XML file to XI, starts the BPM (with calls to R3 vía BAPI) and then, when makes the first call to R3, make a debugging in order to see how data is passed from the BPM to the R3 function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you suspect the field lengths are causing an issue, have you checked for any short dumps ?

Also, what service pack are you on for XI 3.0 ?

I have found a very useful document for debugging you may be interested in. It involves setting an external breakpoint with the user (such as XIAPPLUSER) that is used in the interface.

Leave your e-mail address here and I will forward it to you. It should help a lot.

If this document helps you out, please be so kind as to award the points.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can't you see this information in SXMB_MONI in the XML message content ?

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

i can't see if there is a problem in my R3 function module. Data is arriving OK but perhaps R3 function module has a proble with the length of the fields. Thats why i want to debbug the R3 function module in runtime.

Thanks