cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fetching data from the web services into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Though it may have been asked before I could not get exactly what I need because it is the first time we are trying to implement this functionality and we are trying to understand more. Our need is to fetch data from Non-SAP system into SAP system. The participation is completely from SAP side meaning the SAP system is responsible in fetching the data from the target system and update the master data in SAP. We are in 46c and donot have WAS. Since we are hearing a lot about SAP .Net connector is it really right technique for our situation ?

or what other options we have ?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Swami Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swami.

You posted this a while back but was wondering if you ever succeeded in doing what you wanted. The reason I am asking is that I am trying to achieve the same at the moment. While the information is quite strong on the .net calling SAP. The same cannot be said for SAP communicating with .Net.

I am trying to fetch NON-SAP data using the .Net Connector also via an RFC call to a logical destination set up in SM59. The problem is I am unsure on how I configure this in SM59.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Mick.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your external system is written in .NET, implementing a RFC server with .NET Connector could be a solution for your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reiner.