Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Languages - different codepage without MDMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have the following question:

SAP Enterprise 4.7

I have to import Romanian language to the system but without the MDMP usage. We have English, GErman, SPanish..etc.

My question is, I know that Romanian uses 1401 just like Hungarian, but is it possible, to install it without MDMP?

I mean

(aix level language is installed)

1. language import in SAP

2. Supplementation

3. NO RSCPINST

4. modify in TCP0C Table?

is it enough? I know that special characters wont be displayed, but its okay.

in the future there will be a unicode conversion, thats why we want to avoid MDMP

...any IDEA?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do that ONLY if you switch your complete system to 1401 - this will, however, impact the other languages (mainly french diacritics).

You're on a system that can be run in Unicode - I SERIOUSLY suggest not adding non-native codepage languages - you will need to migration to Unicode once you decide to use a successor version of ERP 2005 neverless (latest in march 2009 when maintenance for 4.7 ends).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have already a working system with Hungarian, Romanian language also (although its a 4.6C) and all the codepages were set to 1100 - and the Hungarian, Romanian also.

Although it does not show current chars but its acceptable.

Its only a test system where I should do this, so if theres any problem, syscopy would do the job:;)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok - sure.

Be aware that the data entered, once saved with the wrong codepage, will destroy it - so it's not only a matter of correctly displaying the characters but also for printouts, F4 searches (matchcodes) etc.

All non-codepage characters will be replaced by "#" and thus they are really destroyed. This is not only true for Romanian but for all languages not in 1100.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, thank you for your help, I think it would be only a waste of time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what about tcode SMLT?

check note 352941

also check

regards,

kaushal