cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing the SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm having an error poped up everytime i try to install..the error is saying SQL error 942..

Cannot install anymore wht could be the possible solution to continue witht the installation without making it from the start again.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is definitely with OPS$ user. In the log u have provided, we have following error

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

So the OPS$ user logs into the database to take the password for SAP<SID> from the table SAPUSER, which is empty, so work processes are not able to connect to the database.

Then follow as per the note 400241 for solution.

Regards

Sudha

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> The problem is definitely with OPS$ user. In the log u have provided, we have following error

>

> DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

No.

If that was the case, the R3load would not be able to logon to the system and hence not find out, that it has to create a view for a table, that is not existing.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose from the information given by you, when work process are created during the installation, it may connected to the database, so the post the dev_w0 entries to see whether it is related to ops$ user..

regards

Sudha

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please - just stating error messages without a context (where is this error when happing) makes us unable to help you.

Please post:

- the last lines of sapinst.log and sapinst_dev.log containing the error

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: START OF LOG: 20080228181446

D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/620/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#5 $ SAP

D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: version R6.20/V1.2

D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe -dbcodepage 1100 -i C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL/SAPVIEW.cmd -l C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL/SAPVIEW.log -stop_on_error

DbSl Trace: Got ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\ora81 from environment

DbSl Trace: Client NLS settings: AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC

DbSl Trace: Logon as OPS$-user to get SAPDRS's password

DbSl Trace: Connecting as /@DRS on connection 0 ...

DbSl Trace: Attaching to DB Server DRS (con_hdl=0,svchp=002BD8A0,svrhp=002BD6AC)

DbSl Trace: Starting user session (con_hdl=0,svchp=002BD8A0,srvhp=002BD6AC,usrhp=0030570C)

DbSl Trace: Now I'm connected to ORACLE

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

DbSl Trace: Disconnecting from connection 0 ...

DbSl Trace: Closing user session (con_hdl=0,svchp=002BD8A0,usrhp=0030570C)

DbSl Trace: Now I'm disconnected from ORACLE

DbSl Trace: Try to connect with default password

DbSl Trace: Connecting as SAPDRS/<pwd>@DRS on connection 0 ...

DbSl Trace: Starting user session (con_hdl=0,svchp=002BD8A0,srvhp=002BD6AC,usrhp=0030570C)

DbSl Trace: Now I'm connected to ORACLE

DbSl Trace: Database NLS settings: AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC

DbSl Trace: Database instance drs is running on SOMBATHLA with ORACLE version 8.1.7.4.1 since 20080228

(DB) INFO: connected to DB

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(DROP VIEW "/SDF/SMODICOMP")

DbSlExecute: rc = 103

(SQL error 942)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

(IMP) INFO: a failed DROP attempt is not necessarily a problem

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(CREATE VIEW "/SDF/SMODICOMP" ( "OBJ_TYPE" , "SUB_TYPE" , "INT_TYPE" , "OPERATION" , "INACTIVE" , "COMPONENT" , "PS_POSID" , "SUB_NAME" , "INT_NAME" , "PGMID" , "OBJECT" , "OBJ_NAME" , "DEVCLASS" , "FCTR_ID" , "AS4LOCAL" ) AS SELECT T0001."OBJ_TYPE", T0001."SUB_TYPE", T0001."INT_TYPE", T0001."OPERATION", T0001."INACTIVE", T0003."COMPONENT", T0004."PS_POSID", T0001."SUB_NAME", T0001."INT_NAME", T0002."PGMID", T0002."OBJECT", T0002."OBJ_NAME", T0003."DEVCLASS", T0004."FCTR_ID", T0004."AS4LOCAL" FROM "SMODILOG" T0001, "TADIR" T0002, "TDEVC" T0003, "DF14L" T0004 WHERE T0001."OBJ_TYPE" = T0002."OBJECT" AND T0001."OBJ_NAME" = T0002."OBJ_NAME" AND T0002."DEVCLASS" = T0003."DEVCLASS" AND T0003."COMPONENT" = T0004."FCTR_ID" AND T0002."PGMID" = 'R3TR' AND T0004."AS4LOCAL" = 'A')

DbSlExecute: rc = 103

(SQL error 942)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

DbSl Trace: Disconnecting from connection 0 ...

DbSl Trace: Closing user session (con_hdl=0,svchp=002BD8A0,usrhp=0030570C)

DbSl Trace: Detaching from DB Server (con_hdl=0,svchp=002BD8A0,srvhp=002BD6AC)

DbSl Trace: Now I'm disconnected from ORACLE

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: job finished with 1 error(s)

D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: END OF LOG: 20080228181447

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you fiddle manually with .TSK files setting tables to "OK"?

The Oracle version is no more supported, I suggest you get an updated CD set for the installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did nothing with the tsk files anyway thanks for the answer

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The system is trying to create view for a table, that is not existing - so the import of that table failed.

Are you doing a migration or is this a fresh installation?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

that was for a fresh installation only but whn i did the installation for other system it worked...

i'm doing the fresh installation again still i got the same problem..

it seems i need to change the TNS listener to 1 but even i tried doing it but it never worked ...

have any other answer to make it work if i get the same error again ?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

???

The problem is not related to TNS listener, the problem is, that not all tables were sucessfully imported (for whatever reason) and thus the view can´t be created.

You´re using a VERY old installation CD set - I suggest you donwload a new one with Oracle 9.2 and try again.

Markus