cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate an enterprise service for use?

lars_verbchels
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to use a web service out of the bundle "Technical Document Management Connectivity". The web service is called "Read Document File Variant".

I know to use WSCONFIG to configure web services for use. But I can not find this web service listed there. I know that we have installed EnhP1 and EnhP2 on our system and the above mentioned web service is shipped with EnhP2.

Do I have to activate some swichtes within the Switch Framework in transaction SFW5 first? Can somebody tell me which switches to active for what specific enterprise service?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To explain the concept …

The Switch Framework allows you to control the visibility of objects or their components by means of switches.Between the business function sets and the industry packages are the switches.

It is the business function that is switched on, not the switch itself therefore you have to use Transaction SFW5 find the business function and then activate it - in order to use it.

Hope this helps

lars_verbchels
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rakhi,

thanks for your answer.

I know the concept of the switch framework. But I am looking for a documentation, which business function to activate for a use of a specific enterprise service. I my case it is an enterprise service out of the bundle "technical document management connectivity".

Thanks.

Best regards

Lars