cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS03 - Deletion Indicator / Flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In CS03 > BOM Header overview; there are 2 fields in bottom i.e. Deletion Indicator & deletion flag

I want to know how to activate them & what are the pre requisites to be done so that they become active. What is the role of these fields??

I read the help from F1 but was not so helpful. Please give some example

Please reply.....

Rgds

Edited by: Vicky Khabrani on Feb 28, 2008 12:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

vicky

once you set the deletion flag for the BOM, then as per the archiving settings , after the Re-organization interval1 the deletion Indicator will be set for the BOM automatically. suppose RI1 is 7 days then after seven days Deletion indicator will be set for the BOM with Deletion flag.

and similarly the BOM with deletion indicator will be archived from the system after the reorganization interval2.

YOu will mainatin the Reorganization interval in the Archiving settings.

BR

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Ganesan

Can u elaborate by giving me the T Codes where i need to do these archiving steps?

I mean i want to know from where i have to do these settings so that i can see these fields activated

Please revert

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

use SARA or CS28 tcode for maintaining the archiving settings for BOM. the OBject name is CS_BOM.

now click on the customizing button and maintain the technical settings.

and as per the BOM Object type there is no settings to maintain the recidence times hence you can't set the same so Deletion Indicator will not be applicable for BOM.

This logic of Deletion indicator is applicable for archiving douments for which we will maintaint the Residence time you can see in the application specific settings while configuring for Archiving ( TRY in SARA with OBJECT MM_EKKO )

you can see Application specif customizing where you can enter the residence time.

You can create a periodic JOB for archiving the BOMs for which Deletion flag is set.

Note: you can use Funcation Module CS_SF_BOM_DELETE_FOR_ARCHIVE for directly deleting from the system using the inputs BOM category, BOM # and Alternate BOM #.

Hope this helps

BR

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. It was really useful.

Last thing; once i complete this exercise; will those fields be activated or this is a seperate exercise for archiving and deleting BOM's??

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Deletion indicator will be set for BOM it will be directly archived from the system. You cannot set deletion indicator.

HOpe now it is clear

BR

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but does ur last comment require any change

i.e. "Deletion indicator will be set for BOM it will be directly archived from the system. You cannot set deletion indicator"

U have mentioned deletion indicator twice.......Where is the difference??

Rgds

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

To activate the deletion flag you need to use the transaction CS02.If a change no is required then enter the change no and proceed.

Then go to the header view and check the box against deletion flag.

Deletion indicator will be activated once the reorganization run takes place and you can see the that check box also ticked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for clarification

Rgds