cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy Profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an issue where few Revenue account postings are going to Dummy profit center.As per the billing Documents list provided to me, I had seen that in the corresponding Sales orders the Profit centre was blank, As per my understanding the system proposes the profit center of the material in the Delivering plant as the default profit center and if the profit center has to be defined in other way it could be controlled through Customization settings in Profit Centre accounting in Controlling.

Is there any setting in SD where we can control the assignment of the profit center and what would be link between SD and profit center?

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Profit center is usually defaulted from material master in your sales order.

If you dont maintain profit center there, system will take default profit center maintained in transaction 3KEH

Hope this helps you.

Reward points for contribution if it does.

Regards

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The issue turned out that even though material master settings for profit centre are correct,Here in this instance Profit center is nothing but Plant.The user has not put a plant in the sales order,so profit center is not getting determined and GL postings are going to dummy profit center

Regards

Mohammed Roshan