cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution of Profit center across project structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Requirement: Need to substitute profit center entered at Project definition level (at all times) to all project elements (WBS elements, N/W header and Activities). Also I need to validate this complete structure for the profit center inconsistency.

Problem: I have created Substitution rules, which will substitute across all the project objects (only when a new project is created). But if you change the profit center afterwards, it will change only at WBS elements level, however profit center at N/W and Activities will be substituted only when you make some changes to them. To avoid this I have created a validation, which will check across the complete structure.

Now after changing the profit center using CNMASS for all the objects, even though in physical you can find the new value at N/W header, however while saving it will validate and finds only the oldvalue and hence throws an error.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

With regards,

Harisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harisha,

I'm not sure if I get this correctly. Are you changing the profit center witn CNMASS or with the substitution?

Can you please elaborate?

Thanks

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating a new project it will substituted automatically by substition rules.

However for the existing projects, substitution rules will not work (no automatic substitution) for N/W header and Activities, unless you make some changes to these objects.

So we are using CNMASS, even then because of validation rule, it finds only the old profitcenter in the N/W and compares with the new changed one (not in database).

With reagrds,

Harisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

My problem in detail:

I am creating a new project structure XXXX (having WBS elements, N/W and Activities) with initial profit center as AA. 1st time while saving the project, profit center AA will be substituted to all objects (I have maintained substitution rules at all objects)

Now again I will reopen the same project XXXX and I will change the profit center of project XXXX to BB (in the project definition level). With this due to automatic substitution only the profit center at WBS elements will be changed to BB. But not at N/W header and Activities (till you make some changes to N/W or Activity the profit center will be AA only, afterwards if you make any changes to N/W and Activities profitcenter will changes to BB). To avoid this difference I have created a validation rule, which will check the inconsistency of profit center all along the structure.

Now I am using mass change functionality to change the profit center in onego at all the objects. After making the masschange the profit center at all objects will become BB (but still not saved), however while saving the system validates the profit center and found still N/W and Activities having AA only (in database), so it wont allow us to save.

If you require further information please ask me again.

With regards,

Harisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harisha

First one-one in forum!

CNMASS doesn't seem to work here. Can you get your Abaper to write a small program to open the project and change the Network description and save it?

Clumsy solution, though I expect we should have some program to re-construct the master data.

Regards

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

I tried to find a userexit for this masschnage functionality and the same is not available, so that I can bypass these values.

By altering the program we can achive this, but we cannot chnage the standard SAP program right?

Regards,

Harisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

As explained you earlier, I did that experiment before itself (even without using masschange OR without validation rules) the same probelm repeates.

So only option is we need to findout a userexit for CNMASS, so that, I can tell the system that if we are using masschange functionality (for all the objects) then ignore validation rule of complete structure.

So if anyone worked on userexit in CNMASS please update me.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Harisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harisha,

May be you can change the validation and include transaction code also into the validation and check only for the transaction what you want to validate and not CNMASS( donot use not = as this some times gives problem.) This may work. I have not gone thru your entire thread but this may be possible easy solution.

Rgds

Edited by: Pal Muru on Feb 29, 2008 10:39 PM