cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Org. integration with SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to integrate HR org. structure from ECC 6.0 into SRM 5.0. We have replicated the Org str. with O, C, S Object types. But since the HR org. has 25000 Employees assigned to it, we are not sure about how to go about this.

If we replicate all these 25k employees and do not assign roles to them, can we create Shopping Cart on their behalf?

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Regards

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to replicate and assign the attributes and roles to all the employees, eventhough if you want to you BOB functionality.

When you use BOB functionality, system will check the roles and attributes of the requester, not the roles of creater.

Thank you

Sreedhar Vetcha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Yes, you can create shoppiing carts on their behalfs without having any roles assigned to them. Also on replication of 25K Users, SAP Recommends for performance purposes not to replicate more than 200 Users in a single org unit, so one of the solutions for a large community is to create dummy org units in the replication.

"Shop on Behalf" should work.....the authorization depends on the user who is shopping on behalf of, not the user on whose behalf you are shopping. Hope it makes sense.

Pls assign points for usefull answers !

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav and Sundeep,

Our situation is like this:

Our HR Org str. has multiple Org Units and has got approx 25K employees assigned to it. We are trying to replicate this to SRM 5.0. While doing so, we have the following doubts in our minds:

1. Since only 250 people out of 25K use SRM, how can we handle this situation? After we will replicate the 25K employees, it will create a BP in SRM. And to create a SC on behalf of someone else, we need to assign a user id to the BP. Please correct if my understanding is not ok. Please give your suggestions.

2. Can all the employees be replicated into SRM w/o affecting the system performance during Workflow?

I have completed all the ALE config with all Infotype filters in ECC 6.0, but when I try to replicate from R/3 (PFAL), no employee data gets replicated to SRM. Can anyone suggest a reason for this?

Your suggestions are most solicited.

BR

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

1) Your understanding is correct.

2) Did you replicate O, S, C successfully for the employee in question ? Did you check the IDOCs in both systems ?

If your answer is yes, please replicate one employee first in INSERT mode ?

Can you please send me the screensnapshot of the PFAL (for P) with values to me ? I will compare with my data and reply to you.

ompranav123 at gmail dot com

thanks

pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

>>> If we replicate all these 25k employees and do not assign roles to them, can we create Shopping Cart on their behalf?

Can you please explain the requirement better.

You will not face any problem if you replicate 25k. I have done the replication for more than 25k.

I am not sure why do you want to have 25K users in the SRM org. and don't want to allow them to use the SRM.

-Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this will help some point of view.....

The HR Organization Structure and Users existing in the ECC backend system will be replicated into the SRM system. This organization structure will serve as the basis of the workflow organization for approvals, as well as security authorizations for roles within SRM. Synchronization will occur on a nightly basis.