cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SAP Backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all,

I want to update a table in SAP backend without interfacing BAPIs from Web DynPro using JAVA.Is there any way to do the access SAPs Oracle tables directly?If yes then how efficiant would be?Pls help.

Thanx

Regards

Vipin B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vipin,

You can make use of / create web services (SOAP / XML) to interface with the SAP backend.

I don't quite get what you mean here: "Is there any way to do the access <b>SAPs Oracle</b> tables directly?"

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

thanx for help.

actually i m looking for a way in which i can connect my WDP JAVA application to SAP backend w/o using BAPIs or ABAP functions.Is it feasible?

Regards

Vipin B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

As far as I know it is not possible to directly access the R/3 database, without using the ABAP functions. Even if we are able to get access to the data somehow (which I don't think we can), the data will be stored in the back-end in some crypted form, which could be de-crypted only through the R/3 side. (otherwise, the whole SAP security is meaningless

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

Its pretty right as u said,still I would like to know

the way can get access ro R/3 backend using web services,

Thnx & Regards

Vipin B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vipin,

You can create web services with the help of the following link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/53/70e669ac9f0b479845596c020aeb65/frameset.htm

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Definitely you can access R/3 using web services, for that you have to create a web service which interacts with R/3. For achieving this you can expose any Function Module as a web service and use WSDL of that web service

to create model based on web services in your web dynpro application.

See <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/91/9c2226df76f64fa7783dcaa4534395/frameset.htm">this</a> link to learn how you can use Web Sevice model in your in WebDynpro.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Narinder Hartala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Narinder,

this is quite helpful,I am into process of implementation.

Thanx & Regards

Vipin B

Answers (0)