Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing "generate" button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently working on sap profiles. Suddenly the "generate" button to activate the profiles is nowhere to be found. Haven't done anything to the system We have created and activated profiles on the same system before and this issue never happened. Anyone encountered this? Would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gery,

just to clarify: do you mean the 'activate'-button in SU02 or the 'Generate'-button in PFCG?thx, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Have you tried to "generate' earlieir ? I suspect if you hav ethe authorization to generate a profile . By having access to PFCG, one need not have access to generate.

Can you try to SAVE ?

Thankz

0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

That generate button in PFCG - the circle, colored red and white. All the other buttons are there except for that one. I'm sure we have all the necessary authorizations since we have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi George,

We have generated several profiles just a week ago. And we (from the Basis team) have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profile.

Thanks and regards!

0 Kudos

Hi Geri,

sorry for delay...

Pls check the GUI status of the screen (TREE1). In the section 'applicaiton toolbar' the button should be available....

As workaround try to enter GEN1 in the ok-codefield, which should trigger the generation....

I hope, this helps. b.rgds, Bernhard