cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to SAP via FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a clarification of accessing files from xi to sap. We have a typical scenario where the data coming from SAP is being stored in AL11 directory which i believe is SAP own unix level directory.

As we are not getting any IDOCs or RFC's, in order to process the files to legacy system, xi needs to pick up the files in SAP AL11 transaction directory.

Is it possible to use a Fille Adapter to pick the unix level directory structure.

Please let me know the same.

Regards,

Anandh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From AL11 transaction the exisitng directories in SAP you can read/write the files by using file adapter.The same dircetories you can see from XI server too.Just check this whether the Directores are existing in SAP and XI servers are the same or not.Usevally basis will configure these directories as a common to SAP R/3,XI and ftp servers.

In my current project we have the same thing.By using ftp connection parameters and NFS i am able to read / write the files on directories.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My utmost clarification is Both SAP ECC and XI are in the same WEB AS. Can't they both share a common directory where r/3 can put the files and xi can share the files.

It should be simple and should be using NFS.

Do let me know one more thing, the directory is been used in my scenario both as NFS as well as FTP.

Does it makes sense.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean ECC puts file in UNIX server it own, Xi picks up from there? cant we use RFC and send it direclty to XI instead of reading a file.

NFS and FTP both at one time cannot be,, the file server can be an FTP but you need the authorizationf or taht....by NFS you mean the server folder is accessibale to AE as locally..i dnt thin you can have both...just check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r putting ur file on R3 application system directory then u have u use the NFS in file adapter.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am so confused that it would be good if u can clarify this.

Whatever we see in AL11 at R3 side and XI back end Server side are different. Am i right.

When i view al11 of the directories in r3 and xi , it is quite different.

So where are all these directories present, if it is in Unix, then it should be common for both.

Do correct me if i am wrong, are all the files that is present in al11 is nothing but unix layer. Then why is it showing different for XI

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible.

The way you read the file path in windws and UNIX differs just take caare of that, in your source folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use File adapter and the Transport Protocol as NFS.

Mention the Correct path of the AL11 in Communication channel.

You should have the Propper access rights to the particular server

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

what my understanding from ur problem ,

u can use the file adapter for picking the file from unix server,

provided on ur unix server ,ftp should be configured,

put that file in unix source directory ,then ftp server pick that file from unix source directroy through file adapter in xi.