cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a New Page format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

To create a new page format if I just create in SPAD then all the properties are not assigned to the newly created page format. Say for DINA4 has certain properties, they will not be inherited to the newly created one. For that matter a newly created page format will not have any options checked. (If we double click on the page format we can see the formats tab here we can see the options).

Is copying a standard format and then modifying it possible, I have an option to copy the standard format, but Im unable to give any destination page format for the same when I click on copy.

Please revert with your suggestions.

Regards,

Narendra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

It is not possible to copy an existing format.You can create a new one and give the same width,height etc to it.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dishant,

Ok, but when I actually create a new page format Im facing a problem.

If I give a doc which has more pages then all those are getting printed on the 1st page only.

If I change the page format to a standard one, say A4 then im not facing this problem.

As I see in a sapnote it says to create a Z page format we need to copy from an existing one, when I tried doing that the target field is not editable.

Regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am trying at my end and did not get the copy option.Could you tell me where the option to copy the page format is so I can try and find a solution to the problem

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dishant,

To get the copy option, go the the output device that you are using and then check out the page formats attached to that device.

Now double click on any format, then in the menu bar there will be device type formats, Under that you will have an option to copy. else In the change mode you will have a copy button on the application tool bar only.

Here only you can see various attributes attached to the standard ones, say Printer initialization, Reset after exit, Cover page et.al.

Chk out the diff between a standard one and a Z page format created.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I tried as well through this path but the to option is greyed out.Maybe the basis person can help.I will ask my basis person and get back to you.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dishant,

Yeah it is greyed out, I have contacted my basis team and even he cant do that.

But the better option is to create a normal page format and then add those attributes manually, which worked for me....!!!!

Problem solved...!!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Narendra.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved.