cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Sets - Best way to show/hide views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Maybe "view sets" is the wrong word here, basically I would like to know what the BEST PRACTICE approach to showing and hiding multiple views is...

For example, I have a number of ViewContainerUIElement elements on my main view......

So if you can imagine a "navigation structure" on the left side of the web page and as the user clicks on certain "links" in the navigation structure they must see different views on the right hand side of the screen.

I know I can create a couple variables that can be set / unset to show and hide the views BUT I was just wondering what the "norm" is......is there any "navigation object" or fancy structure I need to know about to EASILY be able to decide what view should currently be in view to the user?

Any advise or push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynton Grice,

I love making it fancy..

Create A view with A Road Map Ui on the left side as u need. then on the right side put a view container Ui Element.

Then on component controller Context Create a Node Say view_selected and an attribute sel_view for identifiying the selected view.

You have to create Out bound and inbound plugs to all the view , ie every view must contain an outbound and inbound to every other view.

Now at window embedd the views to the view container UI element. set the view which is to displayed first as the default one.

Then on the Wddoint of each view you have to set the attribute sel_view with the current selected view or its number( set some identification of your own).

On the road map you can create number of steps as much as ur number of view, ie one step for each view. then on the onselect event of road map you can identify the selected step(view) and based on the value of the attribute sel_view you can fire the corresponding plug fromm the current view

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/77/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for the help on it......I realised what I got confused about, I had put too many view container Ui Elements on the screen......instead on just one for the right hand side of the page (then use the inbound and outbound plugs to handle which view will be in the display)

BTW: I really like the road map idea, I will have a good look at it, thnx

Regards

Lynton

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182190
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of FANCY things 😛 but if you are displaying a left pane and a right pane and you want to display data in the right pane depending on the selection in

the left pane.

You need to consider some value that is being changed and then depending on it

fire the inbound plug of the required view.

Regards,

Ismail.