Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run the scenario

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create the scenario for File to SAP R/3, everything is in place and tested the same in configuration. Places file in application server.

Can anyone tell me how to execute this finally and see the messages in monitoring. This is my first interface in XI3.0 please help me.

Regards

Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ria,

place ur input file in the source directory tht u have mentioned in the sender file comunication channel.

the file needs to be in xml..go to the test tab in mapping and give the required inputs....click the 'src' option and paste it in a notepad and save it as a .xml file(put this xml in ur source directory).

Finally loginto the server and see ur messages in SXMB_MONI.

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As this is you 1st scenario, I suggest you to go thru this weblog...

<b>RFC Scenario using BPM --Starter Kit</b> by Arpit Seth

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

Siva Maranani

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi priyanka,

Thanks for your reply. I did what you said but still not gettingany message in SXMB_MONI. After puting the xml file in my source directory. DO I need to press any button or adapter picks up randomly..

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Regards

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>DO I need to press any button or adapter picks up >>randomly..</i>

In Adapter Configuration, there is a parameter <b>"Adapter Status"</b>, which has to be set to <b>active</b> for the adapter to poll the folder and pick the file.

Go to adapter monitor--> file adapter and look at the file channel you have configured has a "Green" ( traffic light or not) .

Regards,

Siva Maranani.

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

As you said I checked the Adapter Status it is green but still no message. Just wondering. The adapeter isactive if is green in front of my adapter right?

Please let me know what cld be wrong.

Regards

Ria

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Actually I couldn't locate the adapter configuration where I need to make the status as Active. DO I need to search in Runtime workbench or somewhere else. Please guide me as I am new to XI 3.0.

Many thanks in Advance.

Regards

Ria

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Actually I couldn't locate the adapter configuration where I need to make the status as Active. DO I need to search in Runtime workbench or somewhere else. Please guide me as I am new to XI 3.0.

Many thanks in Advance.

Regards

Ria

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ria,

When you define your communicaton channel, you might have chosen the type of adapter to be used (here File Adapter). There is a field in the communication channel named Satus, it should be active. If it is not then make it active.

Regards

Suraj

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked the status it is Active for File adapter, but still no message has been generated. Am I missing something . Please advice.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ria,

Just give a through check :

1) What is your porcessing mode? If it is delete then only the file will be deleted.

2) What is your poll interval? Remember it is in seconds.

3) Go to Runtime Workbench -> Component Monitoring. Click on Display and select the Adapter Engine. Now in the lower pane click on Adapter Monitoring. A new window will pop up. In that select file and check your communication channel. It should be green. What is the message written there?

Have a check and tell.

Regards

Suraj

PS: If your problem is solved then close this thread after awarding points

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Please find the following information asked by you.

Processing Mode = Test

Communication Channel is Green in Adapter Monitoring.

Message "Sender Adapter v2015 for Party '', Service 'LegacySender_BS':

Configured at 04:16:01 2005-10-25

Up and running - no message processing until now

last poll interval started 07:04:03 2005-10-25

length 60,000 secs"

Regards

Ria

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Poll Interval is 60 forgot to mention in my last message

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ria,

1)Which Transport Protocol is being used by the Communication channel?

2)Check your source directory and file name and make sure they are the same as specified in the Communication channel.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ria,

I think the problem is in the xml data (I mean the format) which u r trying to send in the file(Only if source directory and file name mentioned in the communication channel is correct).

I suggest u to perform a Mapping Testing in IR and then take <b>xml</b> Input data from IR and paste it in the file which u have mentioned in the Communication Channel and do activate all of ur Scenarios .

Regards

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ria,

<i>> Processing Mode = Test</i>

Pls change ur processing mode to /delete.

Priyanka

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Protocal for file adapter is File System (NFS) and kept the file in /temp that the xml file which I copied from IR from SRC. Still, i am not getting any message.

I tried changing the Processing mode to Delete also but still no change.

Please help me getting message. Is it mandatory to define the IDOC control records right now they are all mapped to constants. I guess without thses message should still be generated.

Will this SAP note help 794307. As I am unable to generate messages for demo examples also.

Ria

Message was edited by: ria sen