cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3load error when using Oracle direct path load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing an heterogeneous system copy of BW 3.5 from Solaris to Linux X86_64.

In order to speed up the import phase, we tried to use R3load with "-loadprocedure fast" option, as described in SAP note 1045847.

The import starts and after a while it failes with the following error:

"ORADPL:2008.02.26 16:25:24 (ret=-1) ORA-26002: Table "SAPSR3"."/BIC/B0000104000" has index defined upon it.

ORADPL:2008.02.26 16:25:24 fatal error in line 2145, (status=26002) cannot prepare direct path"

This error occurred for other different tables.

I don't really understand the error "table <abc> has index defined upon it". almost every table has at least one index, so why this error happen for these particular tables?

Best Regards,

Nahum

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be a bug in SMIGR_DDL_SELECT_ORA that generates the CREATE INDEX commands in combination with the CREATE TABLE command. On which basis support package are you? The issue should be fixed as of:

620 SAPKB62061

640 SAPKB64019

700 SAPKB70010

Alternatively note 971840 can be applied.

Kind regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The note has not been released in English yet, but even with my poor German I can see that it mght solves the problem.

However when I look at the correction instaruction it says that the note is valid from SAPKB64017 - SAPKB64019, when I'm in SAPKB64014. for that reason SNOTE mark the note as "cannot be implemented".

Should I upgrade to basis SP 19 before impementing the correction?

Thanks,

Nahum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can also import the correction using snote. but it required minimum SAPKB64017

if you want to upgrade to SAPKB64019 then no need to apply this note,

regards,

kaushal;

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nahum,

the note should also be available in English. I only added the ORA-26002 message in the German version today in order to make it easier for our customers to detect this note when they run into the error. Therefore the English version is flagged as being not current.

Upgrading to a more current basis support package is definitly a good idea.

Kind regards

Martin

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i remeber having the same issue copying a bw system...i'd rather omit the option and restart SAPinst...all data that has been imported already will not be affected...

how many parallel r3load processes you are running?

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Restarting sapinst didnt help, same error on the same tables.

The problem is not related to the number of parallel R3load, first I tried to import with 3 parallel R3load, then I run another test with only one R3load process, but I got the error.

Nahum

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you omit lodprocedure fast ???

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but then the import takes 8 hours.

Nahum