cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SAPlicense installation problem on NW04/WAS640/Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have installed NW04/linux test drive on fedora linux. After that I try to install saplicense under user nw4adm. But I get following error:

• SAPLICENSE (Release 640) ERROR *** ERROR: Can not set DbSl trace function DETAILS: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) failed with return code 20 RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for: dbms_type = <db-type> (e.g. ora) DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

After the installation of SAP Netweacer Testdrive on Linux, we need to Get the hardware key by executing the following line:

$ /usr/sap/NW4/SYS/exe/run/saplicense -get

Once we done this, Request the license key for your TestDrive by entering your data at this site

http://www50.sap.com/linux/eval/nw4/

Shortly you will receive an email which you mentioned in the site with attached rpm file .

Note to install the RPM license MaxDB must be running.

Once you start the server with comnmand "startsap nw4host".

after this check whether all the processes started properly with the following command

"startsap check nw4host"

Hope this will be useful.

Regards

Kishore Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can i extract the hardware key on linux ?

i am using the My SAp Technology Test Drive CD of SAP Web Application server on linux.

pls do let me know from where i am getting the temporary license?

my SAP system name by default is WAS

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed it from License FILE?

Check if You have probably made a typing error when entering one of the values. Make sure that you enter the upper/lower-case letters correctly.

In many cases, the digit 0 (zero) is mistaken for the upper-case letter O.

Try to cut and paste the license data, instead of typing it in directly.

regards

Vijay kothapalli