Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis Gurus,

I have a problem during Clieny copy.

can anyone solve this problem.

during import, i encounter errors which tell me that some tables r not in nametab. this is

caused by inactive or missisng table definitions in database.

1;-what is the solution of this error

2:-how i can transport table definitions from source system to target system.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kaushal,

thanks for reply.

problem occur during test run.

I donn't know , how i did homogenus system copy ,i know the installation concept vary well.If u can tell,than please...

Thanks

Regard

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

download the system copy guide for your OS/DB and SAP release from following.

service.sap.com/systemcopy

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kaushal,

In fact there was a problem,

my dev system was crash & we

have no back up. .I want to take the data from prd system to dev system.I m doing

a remote client copy. now there was a problem which is-

1:- errors which tell me that some tables(z-tables) r not in nametab. this is

caused by inactive or missisng table definitions in database.

Than now what u suggest for that problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case instead of doing remote client copy,

perform homogeneous system copy

or

try client export/import method. for this make sure both system ( source and target) have equal support package level.

if you still want to perform remote client copy you have to created missing Z-tables in development system.

one more question is your remote client copy is finished with error? or during copy it's give you error?

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried client copy using R3trans method, easy and fast comparatively using sap tcode. Check sap notes to find exact syntax.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

Thanks for the solution. Error occur in Z-tables.According to u first of all we transport z_table from prd to Qty system & than start client copy,

1.How we transport data from prd to dev Using Tp command.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mean to say you are going for client copy from production system to development or quality system.

one question: how it possible that your production system contain z-table and development system can not contain that?

is any one deleted the z-tables in dev system ?

How we transport data from prd to dev Using Tp command.

your production system is a last system in transport route so when you try to create a request in production system there is no target system for that . so data and cofile is not created.

it is better to create the missing z-tables in dev/qas system.

one more question : which method you used for client copy? remote client copy or export/import ?

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you get error on standard table or Z-table?

if error on standard table make sure the both source and target system have equivalent support package level

if error on z-table either you need to create this table on target system manually with same definition as source system or you can create a transport request (SE10 - workbench request) in source system with R3TR TABL table name and import it in target system

regards,

kaushal