cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check : Confirmed Date in Sales Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have an issue with the availability check.

Scenario :

Customer has created an order for quantity 800 on 26th of Feb and accordingly when created the order go confirmed for 17th of March.

The specific quanity(batch) of 800 was released from Quality to unrestricted on 27th of Feb.

And Now that the stock is in unrestrictd the customer wants to deliver this material before 29th of Feb as against the 17th of March confirmed date.

When we try to re run the availability check, since there are other open orders and deliveries against the material system proposes a new confirmed date alltogether which is still further ahead of 17th.

Can some body advice me as to how do i ensure that the particular quantity can be sold before 29th.

I have also tried running Backorder processing and Rescheduling which failed, It might also be because i might have not run them properly as i am new to the concept of backorder processing and rescheduling.

Please guide me to correct this step wise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have tried back order processing but yet not able to deliver all of the 800 quantity on required delivery date.

Kindly help !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in backorders you actually reduce the confirmed quantities in other orders so that your order can get confirmed quantities at an earlier date.

you can also 'fix delivery date and quantities' so that when you save the order and have this released by credit, the original agreed upon schedule lines are retained. for this you go to IMG > SD > Basic functions > Availability check and Transfer of requirements > Availability check > Availability check against ATP > Define default settings.

select your sales area, tick the box under 'fix date and qty' and enter the value that suits your requirements under 'Avail check rule'.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please try as below:

Back order processing is a functionality in SAP where you can change the committments and over-ride the blockage of stocks marked against sales documents/deliveries. For e.g. you receive an order from a very important customer for material "A" but the entire quantity of A is committed to another customer "B" via earlier sales orders and this is where BACK ORDER processing helps you to change the committment and shift stock due for B to A. This is the benefit of this funtionality.

OMIH - Checking rule for updating backorders

OPJL - Define new checking rule

OPJJ - Define scope of check

V_RA - Backorder Processing

Data selection:-

Sold-to-party Customer code Mandatory

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory

Changed confirmed quantity :-

Tick the material you want to changed and click the Back order button Confirmed quantity that still can be changed are highlighted.

V.15 - Backorder List

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory