cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive RETENTION Periods Configuration..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to do the Archiving for my XI system and I got configured my system in this way below.

I just want to know my configuration is correct or not. I am not sure about the retention period given is correct or not. Configuration is not good can you correct me.

Category Parameters Subparameters Current Value Default Value

ARCHIVE PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC 1 1

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC 1 1

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION HISTORY 60 30

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION SYNC 1 0

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION_ERROR SYNC 1 1

Retention period

Retention Period for Asynchronous XML message in the Database

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion 1

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Archiving 1

Retention Period for Synchronous XML message in the Database

XML Messages with Errors Awaiting Deletion 1

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion 1

Retention Period for History Entries in the Database

History Entries for Deleted XML Messages 60

This is my situation to keep and run my Archive job and Deleted jobs:

I want to keep my XML messages in the SXMB_MONI for 60 days and I need to delete the XML message is older then 60 days need to archive and delete.

For example current date is 02/26/2008 to 12/29/2007 is the 60 days and earlier need to be deleted.

Everyday I need to Archive job and everyday I need to delete the archived messages more then 60 days.

1. Schedule Archiving job

(SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE_111) I gave it to execute everyday 2:00AM.

2. Schedule Delete job

1. Schedule Delete job for XML message

(SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_111) I gave it to execute everyday 4:00AM

2. Schedule Delete job for History message

(SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_111) I gave it to execute everyday 5:00AM.

Once I execute this archive jobs I can see this and it was executed perfectly and I see all my messages got deleted and I can see only today’s message in SXMB_MONI.

Help to resolve this issue with keeping all the 60 days message in my sxmb_moni.

Different issue: In my SXMSPMAST table I can see some of the XML messages are marked as DEL in the field ITFACTION. How I can change this DEL to ARCH.

Thanks,

Jane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jane,

I had a look at the configurational settings and the desired behavior of the Integration Server. Most likely there is a misunderstanding of one parameter which leads to the untimely deletion that you have observed.

You state that you set the retention period for history entries to 60 days and you want to keep the messages in technical monitor (SXMB_MONI) for 60 days, too.

Please note that 'history entry' does not denote a complete XML message. The history entry is kind of a fingerprint of a message that is used for duplicate detection. Keeping the fingerprints does not mean keeping the messages!

If you want to see XML messages in technical monitor for 60 days we have to distinguish between messages flagged for deletion and messages flagged for archiving:

- deletion: the only way here is to set the retention period to 60(DELETION PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC=60). This is the only possibility to ensure these messages are visible in technical monitor for this period of time.

- archiving: here it is important to know that archiving works in two steps. Firstly the messages are written to file. Secondly the file is read (to ensure data integrity) and XML messages are deleted. You can decouple these two steps, i.e it is possible to run archiving for asynchronous messages after 1 day. Then the messages are still available in SXMB_MONI as the delete step is pending. This deletion can be run 59 days after archiving. However, I strongly recommend to not use this option. Instead please set the retention period for these messages to 60 days, too (ARCHIVE PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC=60). Configure the deletion step to be executed immediately after archiving (TX AOBJ). Additionally configure the reorganizational jobs to be executed daily as you have lined out.

Regarding your second issue: unfortunately it is currently impossible to change the action to be taken on a message from 'deletion' to 'archiving' belatedly. Please be aware of the fact that OSS note 789352 applies to XI2.0 only. I strongly advise against applying this note to any release higher than 6.20.

To give you an outlook: SAP is working on a general tool for belated changing of the interface action. The decision was made to deliver this functionality as part of PI7.01 EHP1 and PI7.11 EHP1. It is not yet clear whether this tool will be downported. If it is downported it will probably shipped as part of the next support packages (XI3.0 SP22 / PI7.00 SP16 / PI7.10 SP6).

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you want me to change the confiuration like the below.

Can you confirm the below setting is correct.

Category Parameters Subparameters Current Value Default Value

ARCHIVE PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC 60 1

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION ASYNC 60 1

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION HISTORY 60 30

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION SYNC 60 0

DELETION PERSIST_DURATION_ERROR SYNC 60 1

Retention period

Retention Period for Asynchronous XML message in the Database

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion 60

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Archiving 60

Retention Period for Synchronous XML message in the Database

XML Messages with Errors Awaiting Deletion 60

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion 60

Retention Period for History Entries in the Database

History Entries for Deleted XML Messages 60

1. Schedule Archiving job

(SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE_111) I gave it to execute everyday 2:00AM.

2. Schedule Delete job

1. Schedule Delete job for XML message

(SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_111) I gave it to execute everyday 4:00AM

2. Schedule Delete job for History message

(SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_111) I gave it to execute everyday 5:00AM.

Thanks,

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means this has to work in this way.

02/26/2008 to 12/29/2007 is the 60.

My condition is the delete in the message is older than 60 days needs to be deleted. like that everyday the 61th day message need to be deleted from the SXMB_MONI. It is not like every 60 days once the message need to be deleted.

Thanks,

Jane.

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jane,

yes, parameter settings and job scheduling is absolutely correct now. The jobs running every day will handle messages that not in the retention period. I.e only messages older than 60 day will be archived and deleted.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know what I am doing is correct or not.

Thanks,

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for changing the message status from DEL to ARCH , apply SAP Note: 789352 .

Ranjeet Singh.