cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are valid-from and valid-to dates set in TRPROD table in APO during CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

First question:

How are the valid-from and valid-to dates set in the APO TRPROD table?

For example, if I activate a transportaion lane model on March 1, 2008, will the valid-from and valid-to in TRPROD be 20080301 and 99991231?

Or are these dates defined in the model itself? Or in APO config somewhere?

Next question:

Suppose I rerun the model on May 1 2008 to add some records that didn't get added in the March 1 run. But suppose I want to back-date the valid-from of these records to March 1, rather than use May 1 as the valid-from.

Can this be done?

Or is the valid-from always the date of the CIF that creates the TRPROD records?

Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TRPROD table is populated by master data related with Transportation lane and PPM. (procurement and production related) Master data with respect to T Lane and PPM can be either created through CIF or manually in the APO system. After rerunning CIF, you can always manually override CIF created master data using the front end master data transaction. or you can directly make the change in TRPROD table. However make sure you switch off CIF for that location product to avoid an update.

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas -

Thanks very much for replying so quickly, but your response didn't answer the questions.

Let me try again.

1)

If I run a CIF on March 1 2008 based on a model that will generate APO TLane data, will the TRPROD valid-from and valid-to get automatically set to 20080301 and 99991231?

2)

If the answer to this question is yes, then is it also true that if I run a new set of records in on May 1, 2008 (no duplications with the original set), then the valid-from and valid-to dates will be 20080501 and 99991231.

3)

But if (1) and (2) are both true (if you answer them both "yes", then suppose I want the May 1 record set to have valid-from dates of March 1 (for example, if the May 1 record set includes records that didn't get included in the March 1 set due to an error in selection criteria). How do I get the valid-from to be March 1 when I run the CIF on May 1?

On the other hand, if (1) and (2) are NOT true, then how DO the two dates get set during a CIF ????

Thanks

djh

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge both 1 and 2 are YES.

On 3, if you want to backdate your T-Lane, either you need to manually reconstruct the lane or do it behind the scenes from the table TRPROD. In my experience there are some bugs associated by having backdated T Lanes while using CTM - the exact cirucumstance is something that I do not recall exactly. There could be stock transport requisitions dated in the past that are not executable.

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the affirmative answers to (1) and (2) !

If they are both true, then after a delta TLane is run in thru CIF, we can find the "changed" or "new" rows in TRPROD by reading TRPROD on the alternative index set up for "prcres".

BTW, if you have a little more time to look at my other outstanding question:

and if you know the answer, I'd be very grateful for an answer to that one as well.

Best regards

djh

Answers (0)