cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR_QT_TRANSFER_BAPI vs. TR_QT_TRANSFER_CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

When defining an integration model in ECC to generate transportation lane data in APO, what do you have to include in the model to make sure that activation of the model (on-line or batch RIMODACT) will fire the function module

/SAPAPO/TR_QT_TRANSFER_CIF ??

This function module does basically the same thing as the BAPI

/SAPAPO/TR_QT_TRANSFER_BAPI

but it appear to be designed to fire during CIF runs, rather than independenttly of the CIF.

So - again - the question I'm asking is what you have to incldue in an integration model to make sure that /SAPAPO/TR_QT_TRANSFER_CIF actually fires during activation of the model on-line or via batch RIMODACT?

Thanks for any answers anyone can provide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its hard to say why SAP did not program this.

But that's the situation for several areas...

Why is there a BAPI for creating SNP PPM's but CIF won't?

Its because there are too many variables... What are you going to put for quota arrangement values? What dates, percentages, minimum values, etc... Just because you have Pur info records doesn't mean they will be used. For example, if you have a non-plant specific pur info record, it will be valid for all plants and then be in your quota when ctm may not want to plan this plant?

Ken Snyder

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ken -

That's definitive and reasonable enough for me !!!!

Thanks very much for coming back and "nailing the lid down" so it's crystal clear to everyone exactly WHY SAP backed-off from trying to get CIF to do quotas "on-the-fly"

Please be sure that I will circulate your last response to the relevant folks at the site here.

Best regards

djh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you are talking about...

CIF integration models creates transportation lanes.

There is no way for CIF to create the quota arrangements.

So what are you trying to do vs normal CIF that requires you to investigate these function modules in the first place?

Ken Snyder

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth -

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I am inclined to agree with you, with one reservation.

But first, permit me to explain why I raised the question:

I recently completed a design to use the Quota BAPI in a post-CIF batch processto load quota arrangments for materials that have multiple inbound ("to") lanes in TRPROD.

But a couple of folks here are convinced that if there's a BAPI to do this, then it should be possible to do the same thing on the fly.

So I did a little searching around and found the non-BAPI function module /SAPAPO/TR_QT_TRANSFER_CIF.

With that background established, let me explain why I both agree and disagree with you.

To do quotas on the fly, CIF would have to know whether a material does or does not have multiple "to" lanes in TRPROD.

And it is not at all clear to me that this info is available to CIF, given the way the records come across from ECC in the queues during execution of CIF.

That's the reason I agree with your answer.

The only reservation I have is the following. If SAP did not intend to allow quotas to be done "on-the-fly" during CIF, why did they put a function module out there with the name:

/SAPAPO/TR_QT_TRANSFER_CIF

in addition to a BAPI with the name:

/SAPAPO/TR_QT_TRANSFER_BAPI

Any further insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again'

djh

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be this is not the solution you are looking for, but to my knowledge the T Lanes are created in APO while transferring Purchase Info Record that have the source and target location relationships or contracts. (through INtegration model)

Not sure if the following messages throw some light

Unfortunately I am not a technical person to answer at a Func Module level

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas -

Your response didn't answer the question because the BAPI and CIF model don't create TLanes - they create quota arrangements for products with multiple TLanes.

But - the second link you quoted was very helpful for a different reason - it answers why Means of Transport maybe should be created.

BTW - we are using CIF_TLANE_ENHANCE to add Means of Transport during CIF - it's a "new-style" BAdI that passes you the CIF itab for TRM and lets you pass it back after plugging the Means of Transport in each row.

djh