cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery issue URGENT!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In t-code VL02n when we attempt to PGI, we are seeing an extra item- item # 900001, with Material BOX and description "box for packaging", this BOX item is not on the order, its popping up in delivery.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? and what this means?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U are getting delivery line item 90001 as a result of batch split.

and batch determination is active in delivery.

AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i deactivate the batch split and batch determination? step by step?

And also where can i check in the delivery to confirm they actually performed batch spilt?

This problem just started last month? they never had this problem before what could have changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Anne.

when you are inside the delivery document, highlight the said item and click on the 'batch split' button (either the lower left button or to the right of the material number in the line item that looks like a '+'). in the batch split screen, you will see the line entries, if batch determination was done.

you can deactivate automatic batch determination in item categories by following this path IMG > Logistics General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch Check > Activate Automatic Batch Determination in SD. deactivate for both sales order and delivery (however, you need to do batch determination if you want to successfully post goods issue).

then try another transaction and see if this works.

however, i think it is unlikely that batch split is your problem because the line item is a different material from the item under 900001. handling units is your most likely scenario.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the steps.......but when you say Handling units is my best shot? what should i be checking for? and how do i correct the problem?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i resolve this error in Handling Units? urgent.......?

What should be looking for?

The client does not use Batch spilt, and Batch status management is inactive.

Thank you,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked! me and a fellow MM-PP consultant looked at this for like 2 hours yesterday not to mention the time I spent making sure I wasn't blind or missing something myself. Respond to this thread...

and I will award points b/c you so deserve them. Thank you so much for responding.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar issue...any resolve.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes we did- Go to tcode VHAR, select BOX/Carton whatever ur packaging material is double click on it- This takes you to "Display View "packaging Material Types": details screen.

here select - Plant Determination field and change this to Plant is entered manually in handling unit.

Also Select - Generate Dlvitms field - leave this field blank.

Then go to tcode- OVLK- select LF- takes you to "Display delivery types" details screen

go down to where it shows Document Content here you'll see a field that says-Gen Packmatl item- uncheck this button.

This should solve the problem- let me know if this works.

Thanks.

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anne,

1) Check in your delivery in VL02N that handling Units are been created automatically.

in customization you must have set AUTOMATIC PACKING in transaction 0VLK for delivery type LF

so thats why this line item is coming automatically

Regards,

Nisha

award pts if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

The Automatic packing in customization is not checked.....

when you say check handling unit in VLO2n- whats the procedure to check it here in delivery.

Thank you.

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anne,

In Vl02n - Press SHIFT+F6 it will take you to that screen . chk if packing is done there.

or may be this sub item is coming because of batch split. if you have used batch mgmt that too.

REgards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

So how do i check batch split? in Delivery? and can i deactivate it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Checked VL02n+F6

No packing done here

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Anne.

what you are seeing is not an error. the extra line item could have been a result of:

1. batch determination (if this was done in the delivery and not in the sales order)

2. automatic packing (where the packaging material is determined by the system and included in your delivery)

i think the second one would most likely explain your specific case.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess you use Returnable Packaging functionality

what is the order/delivery types and item category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Order types- standard order type OR, delivery LF, item category is BTO for regular items but for the BOX is Hupm.

How do i determine there using returnable packaging? also this problem just started it was never there before. so what could have changed in the last 1 month for them to get this message all over sudden?