Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for PrincipalMappingLoginModule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day,

Where can I find more information about PrincipalMappingLoginModule?

The SAP library documentation (see [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b0/4d2b418a3edb2be10000000a1550b0/content.htm]) does not provide much info.

Geoff

4 REPLIES 4

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my experience there are a few login modules (this one included) which are not very well documented. I have also tried to find/get documentation in the past, but failed

Perhaps if you can explain what you are trying to acheive and why you think this login module is required, then I can help you?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day,

I have a login module that performs authentication via federation. The principal created by this authentication contains a bunch of claims, but does not exist in the netweaver user store. So although the login module stacks pass, the user check fails.

For example, I authenticate to domain X.COM from domain Y.COM as user@Y.COM via federation, but the UME only knows about users in domain X.COM.

As a quick hack, I've implemented a login module that maps a principal in one domain to a principal in another domain, so that user checks pass. But then I noticed PrincipalMappingLoginModule in the documentation and this may be more useful.

I've got some ideas for a UME that handles this transparently, but for now I am interested in principal mapping.

Geoff

0 Kudos

Geoffrey,

Thankyou for explaining. When we had similar problem we decided to write our own mapping login module, which we sell with our product, and customers use ours instead of the undocumented login module included in SAP product. We decided this was best approach so that we can better support our customers and enhance our mapping functionality in future releases of our product.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still haven't found any documentation for PrincipalMappingLoginModule so I will stick with configuring my login module with a user-mapping parameter.