cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanging data between a Web Dynpro application and SAP Web Shop

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try to keep this as clear as possible:

1) We have the SAP Internet Sales system running, which has a series of Business Object classes and corresponding Backend Layer objects that can return data from several sources.

2) We are able to create our own Backend Layer objects that would return data from a component called IPC, which is a Java component.

3) I would like a Web Dynpro application to retrieve data from this backend layer object, but I am not experienced enough with Java to know if what I want to do is possible. I don't think that I can use JCo, because I am trying to get a Java component (class?) in Web Dynpro to access a Java class remotely.

4) I think I am asking is this: is there a way for a Java to Java connection to be created, much like Web Dynpro can use JCo to connect Java to ABAP systems?

If this is a glaringly obvious question to Java programmers, my apologies!

- Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Create a WebService for your Java class and use it as a model in the Web dynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somebody on another forum recommended using RMI. Which would be the better option in terms of ease of implementation?

- Tony

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would say Web Services, as you can generate services from your existing Java classes.