cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Application server - how many users supportable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis experts,

I am not sure what is the highest number of users and dialog processes per application server you have configured before for production system, using windows 2000 advanced server or windows 2003 server and R/3 46C.

What is the logical limit of R/3 on windows 2003/2000?

Assumption:

1. Main modules : FI, MM , PM, SD.

2. 4GB ram per application server.

3. New model 2xCPU server.

4. Max users accessing at the same time : 300.

How should I calculate how much memory per process is needed based on current system performance statistics? How many megabytes per dialog is needed?

I know a unix platform can support 8000 users. But not sure how scalable is windows to support SAP. Can you pls share with me your experience? Thank you.

Regards,

Mirella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirella,

I think the number of users SAP can support depends on mny factors. I think the limit is the memory your server has. You can have more dialogs if you add more ram.

But sorry, I do not know what is the limit. But I think Windows 2000 / 2003 have some limit to the ram it can support. Maybe an expert here can help you.

Regards,

Adette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Adette.

Can Basis guru pls advise what is the maximum number of concurrent users you have ever supported or tuned the server for windows platform?

How much ram was required per apps? How many dialogs / total work processes configured?

What if the database used is MS SQL Server 7?

Hope you can help me as my users are banging on my desk for slow performance of SAP.

Pls throw some hints. I promise to reward points.

Regards,

Mirella