Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role design for 1000+ cost centres

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have 1000+ cost centers in our organization and need to implement Security thus design roles for each cost centre.

There would be exclusive users for each Cost Center however there will be transfers, unions (One users incharge of multiple cost centers)

Our current approach would be to have a master cost center role and derive it to each cost center and assign to respective personnel. Is this the best approac or is there somo other maintaianace friendlier way ?

Like having one master role with Cost Center as a variable and a saperate table which'd control the Cost centers & user assignments ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I hope Mater and Dervied Role approach is the best method.

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

In addidtion to Santosh: If you know in advance that some costcenters will always be combined seriously consider not to make a derived role for every single costcenter but try to create logical combinations also. Could save some work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your approach is currect.

0 Kudos

You must promote the auth object you are utilizing for cost center to org level. Not all objects are promotable to org level. Our case was auth object K_CSKS, which was good.

Create the derive master role and add the necessary tcodes, then child. The master role will have the tick mark or null value. The child roles will have the actual cost center values.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos

How to I promote the object ?

0 Kudos

Program PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE allows you to create an org level.

Put the term into OSS note search and read the related notes (there are only a few) before you do it.

0 Kudos

OSS note number is 323817 and if follwed correctly is giving the right results

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

That's the main one I was thinking of. I didn't have access to OSS earlier unfortunately.

The other one was 698401 if resparea is to be converted.

Cheers

Alex